- News that's fit to feed. Kelly, Benedict // Finance Week;4/20/2005, p65
Reports on the impact of really simple syndication (RSS) on newsreader computer software. Features and performance application of the RSS; Use of the RSS to notify users when specific Web logs or blogs were updated; Accessibility of the RSS.
- BBC offers simple guide to RSS as it plans to grow use of feeds. Jones, Gareth // New Media Age;1/12/2006, p10
The article reports that BBC will be launching its Web initiative called Feed Factory dedicated to simplifying really simple syndication (RSS). The launch of the initiative comes as the company prepares to increase the number of news feeds it offers to Internet users. The aim of the initiative...
- endo 1.0. // Macworld;Jul2006, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p34
The article reviews the RSS newsreaders software endo 1.0.21 from the company Kula.
- Keep it (R)SS. Jencius, Marty // Counseling Today;Aug2010, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p22
The article offers information about Really Simple Syndication (RSS) which provide a tool for counselors in searching and filtering information. It outlines the process in using RSS feeds, a small file that contains content and summaries with each title links to the original article, in getting...
- Keeping up with all the online chatter. // Administrative Professional Today;Jun2009, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p5
The article reports on the online tools to help administrative assistants track Web sites, blogs and social network sites. It is noted that the Netvibes tool, which is available in the www.netvibes.com, is a Really Simple Syndication- (RSS) based dashboard that collects online pieces in one...
- WoW!, Terkko, and IngentaConnect. Jacsó, Péter // Online;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p50
The article reviews three blog web sites, WoW! at www.wowter.net, Terkko atwww.terkko.helsinki.fi/feednavigator, from the National Library of Health Sciences in Finland, and IngentaConnect at www.ingentaconnect.com.
- Pulling in profits. Gimpel, Lee // Inc.;Dec2005, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p46
The article illustrates the significance of really simple syndication (RSS) software for the businesses. The RSS allows Web sites to broadcast content to a self-selected group of people. Businesses can also use RSS to gather up-to-the-minute intelligence on everyone from clients to competitors....
- BLOGORAMA. // Internet Resources Newsletter;Apr2009, Issue 171, p5
A list of several blogs, RSS feeds and news items is presented, including the RSS feed of the "Internet Resources Newsletter," OneSource Insight at insight.onesouce.com, and Cultural Heritage at blogs.ukoln.ac.uk/cultural-heritage.
- SIFTING WHEAT FROM CHAFF. Evans, Mark // New Zealand Management;Apr2007, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p71
The article describes several useful information technology (IT) tool discovered by the author. He recommends a number of services for sharing one's bookmarks, such as Del.icio.us, which allows one to upload his bookmarks to a Web site where he can tag them with useful descriptive words. Another...