- Evonik acquires full control of US JV, DEC. // European Rubber Journal;Nov/Dec2007, Vol. 189 Issue 6, p11
The article reports that Evonik Industries, the new name of the company previously known as Degussa AG, has bought out its joint venture partner in North America and now has full control of Degussa Engineered Carbons, known as DEC. In 2002 Evonik and ECI formed DEC, a 50-50 joint venture to...
- RAG's takeover of Degussa goes ahead. // European Chemical News;2/10/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2039, p7
Reports on the approval of the corporate takeover of Degussa by coal and chemicals company RAG. Details of the acquisition deal; Information on both companies.
- Europe Watch. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;2/13/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 6, p10
The article offers news briefs on the chemical industry as of February 2006. The board of Degussa has endorsed the takeover bid by energy firm RAG. Spolana, a Czech polyvinyl chloride and caprolactum producer, has received preliminary offers for 82% of the company. The average daily chemicals...
- EU Approves RAG's Degussa Takeover; Disposals Are Delayed. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;12/4/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 47, p18
Reports that the European Commission approved the purchase of a majority stake in Degussa by coal mining firm RAG as of December 4, 2002. Terms of the deal; Implications; Plans for Degussa.
- RAG Bid 'Undervalues' Degussa. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;7/3/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 27, p19
Reports on the tender offer of RAG to acquire a majority stake in Degussa. Remarks of Degussa on the bid; Effects of the offer on the stock price of Degussa.
- RAG's Degussa Takeover Could Run Into Delays. // Chemical Market Reporter;7/22/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 3, p6
Reports the issues confronting the takeover of control of Degussa by RAG AG in Germany. Impetus to the delay in the takeover process; Initiative of RAG to cope with the delay; Progress on the court hearing regarding the merger of Ruhrgas with E. ON, parent company of Degussa.
- RAG finalises Degussa squeeze-out. Williams, Dede // ICIS Chemical Business;9/25/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 36, p10
This article reports on the takeover of Degussa by energy group RAG in Frankfurt, Germany. This deal ends the dispute with hedge funds. RAG has squeezed out Degussa's remaining free-float shareholders. The hold-outs will receive â‚¬45.11 per share for their holdings. They can also buy 25% of...
- Degussa's Boards Endorse RAG's Takeover Plan. // Chemical Market Reporter;7/1/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 1, p4
Reports on the recommendation of Degussa's management and supervisory boards for the acceptance of a takeover by RAG, the German coal mining, energy and chemicals group. Value of the offer per share; Information on the share-swap among energy group E.ON, Degussa and RAG; Stages of the transaction.
- No resolution for E. On as Degussa's deadline looms. Williams, Dede // European Chemical News;2/3/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2038, p6
Reports on the plan of chemicals group RAG to acquire the majority of Degussa as of January 30, 2003. Factors which hinder the company to push through with its plans; Deadline for the stock tendered by Degussa shareholders; Complaints brought against the parent company of RAG.