- How Do Biodiesel Blend Mandate (B5) Effect Malaysian Palm Oil Market Model? Applanaidu, Shri Dewi A/P; Ali, Anizah Md.; Alias, Mohammad Haji // Middle East Journal of Scientific Research;2014, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p1916
Over the last ten years biofuels production has increased dramatically. The increment in production has been driven by governmental interventions. In the United States, strong financial incentives are guaranteed for biofuel manufacturers while in the European Union, biofuel consumption is mostly...
- European Union Promotes Increased Biodiesel. de Guzman, Doris // Chemical Market Reporter;2/7/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 6, p19
The article focuses on the efforts of the European Union to promote the use of biodiesel fuels. In the European Union, around 50 manufacturers with a total capacity of roughly 2.25 million tons produce about 1.4 million tons of biodiesel. according to the European Biodiesel Board. If the aim of...
- Biodiesel boost for rapeseed? Cooper, Olivia // Farmers Weekly;5/20/2005, Vol. 142 Issue 20, p32
Reports on the benefits of biodiesel demand for the oilseed rape market in 2005. Decline in prices of oilseed rape; Impact of an increase in the demand for the crop in Canada on rapeseed in the European Union; Forecast for the crop industry in Great Britain; Views of Mark Smith, oilseed trader...
- Ethanol heats American agriculture. Wesselink, Wilfried // Crops;5/15/2004, p6
FROM 2005, all fuel used, for transport in the European Union must contain 2% bioethanol or biodiesel. But U.S. is already used to adding ethanol to its fuel and has built a huge farm-based industry accordingly. California was the first state to implement the Clean Air Act and also at the...
- Trans-Atlantic biodiesel war. GEIGER, ANDREAS // Hill;7/24/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 86, p20
The article discusses the intention of the European Union (EU) to concentrate on imports of biodiesel from the U.S. after focusing its attention on dumped imports from China and other Asian-Pacific countries.
- Alternately fueled. McMahon, Chris; Birkner, Christine // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Dec2007, Vol. 36 Issue 15, p20
The article reports on the increased price of soybeans in the U.S. market in 2007, due to the worldwide demand for energy and the locking up of supplies by European and Asian buyers who use the soybean for biodiesel. The soybean has reached an advanced price of $10.50 per bushel with frantic...
- Record biodiesel production adds to soybean farmers' ROI. // High Plains Journal;5/26/2014, Vol. 132 Issue 21, p5B
The article reports on the record-breaking biodiesel-production totaling 1.36 billion gallons in 2013 which means return on investment (ROI) and record-breaking industrial demand for soybean oil and bigger profits for soybean farmers in the U.S.
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR. // Fuel Oil News;Oct2014, Vol. 79 Issue 10, p3
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article asking whether one is ready for tomorrow's and today's fuels, published in the August 2014 issue, page 20.
- Germany Energy Market Overview. // Germany Oil & Gas Report;Jan2009, p9
The article presents the Business Monitor International Ltd.'s (BMI) overview of the energy market in Germany from 2009-2019. It notes that the country is the world's largest producer of biodiesel, accounting half of the total production in the European Union (EU). The contribution of the first...