Europe shipowners face lethal cocktail
- Azelis Extends Deal With Evonik. // Paint & Coatings Industry;Mar2014, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p24
The article reports on the move of the specialty chemicals distributor Azelis SA to extend its distribution contract with specialty chemicals manufacturer Evonik.
- Azelis extends crosslinker cooperation with Evonik. // Converter;Feb2014, p14
The article reports on the distribution contract between specialty chemicals distributor Azelis and specialty chemicals manufacturer Evonik Industries AG, allowing Azelis to offer products in Evonik's crosslinkers business line to customers in Europe.
- Canadian fuel surcharge? Binkley, Alex // Traffic World;9/30/96, Vol. 247 Issue 13, p16
Highlights the call of Freight Carriers Association of Canada to member companies to impose fuel surcharge of 1.6 percent on all shipments to ensure their survival. Increase in fuel prices; Necessity of passing on price increases.
- Can container freight-rate hikes continue? // Asian Chemical News;6/13/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 493, p19
Reports that shipowners are pushing for higher container freight rates as of June 2005. Proposed hike of the Far Eastern Freight Conference from July 1, 2005 between Asia and northern Europe and the Mediterranean; Possible reasons for the decline of export growth in China; Issues to be...
- NEWS BRIEFING. // ICIS Chemical Business;6/18/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 22, p6
The article presents chemical industry news briefs as of June 18, 2012. It states that civil law foundation RAG-Stiftung announced it may half chemicals major Evonik's planned initial public offering due to financial market uncertainty. It mentions that chemical company Gazechim purchased...
- Freight Rates Foundering. // Time;8/9/1971, Vol. 98 Issue 6, p61
The article reports that freight rates have dropped to their lowest levels in 14 years since January 1971. Due to this reduction, many shipowners are finding it difficult to keep even with loan payments on their vessels. One of the reasons for this fall in freight rates is a surplus of ships on...
- Shipowners seek urgent talks with NSW Government to avoid cargo chaos. // Ausmarine;Mar2006, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p20
Focuses on the call by Michael Phillips, chairman of Shipping Australia, on the New South Wales government to have closer consultation with shipowners on the movement of freight through the state. Meeting by Shipping Australia with former Minister of Ports Eric Roozendaal to discuss the...
- Practical Difficulties Generated by Cargo Description in Contracts for International Sale of Goods and Bills of Lading. Ghiorghe, Bătrînca // Ovidius University Annals, Series Economic Sciences;2012, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p5
It is estimated that over 80 percent of the goods sold on international market are carried by sea  and many times a bill of lading is required for cashing the letter of credit. The parties to the sale contract require that cargo is described as clear as possible and a certificate of quality...
- ETL Opens in Liaoyang. // China Chemical Reporter;5/6/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p9
The article reports that Evonik Industries AG has held its opening ceremony for Evonik Tianda (Liaoyang) Chemical Additive Co. Ltd. (ETL) in Liaoyang National Aromatic and Fine Chemical High-Tech Industrialization Zone (LAS), China.