Finding a Balance
- Valeo to acquire ex-Visteon unit. // Automotive News;12/11/2006, Vol. 81 Issue 6233, p42
The article reports that Valeo SA has agreed to buy Ford Motor Co.'s climate control business in Plymouth Township, Michigan. This is the first deal Ford has made to sell one of the 14 parts plants and six technical centers that it took back from Visteon Corp. in October 2005. The plant sells...
- Visteon opens climate control plant in China. // Automotive Manufacturing Solutions;Sep/Oct2006, p16
The article reports on the opening of the new 90,000 square meter manufacturing plant of Visteon Corp. at Dalian in Liaoning Sheng, China. The company established the facility which will produce air conditioning components such as compressors and subcomponents for automakers in the country and...
- Manufacturing Energy Efficiency. GULLEDGE III, CHARLES E.; CONYERS, RICH S.; POE, BRADLEY M.; KIBBY, CHARLES M. // ASHRAE Journal;Jul2015, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p40
The article features the Caterpillar Tractor Assembly Plant in Athens, Georgia whose reduced overall facility energy use has been cited by the 2015 American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers Award Case Studies. Topics include the optimization of multiple component...
- Transplants bump into capacity barrier. Chappell, Lindsay // Automotive News;10/17/1994, Vol. 69 Issue 5574, p1
Reports that Japanese automobile makers are running out of American factory capacity for the first time since they started building cars in the market. Factors that will keep any expansion of Japanese factories in check; Number of cars and trucks planned to be built in 1995; Factory utilization...
- Korean carmakers show sales gains. // Orange County Business Journal;01/12/98, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p9
Reports on the sales of United States-based Korean car manufacturers for December 1997. Identification of the manufacturers; Statistical information available; Sales for Cypress-based Mitsubishi Motor Sales of America.
- Untitled. // Automotive News;10/4/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5520, p43
Lists scheduled plant closings for Chrysler Corp. on October 4, 1993 in Illinois and Michigan. Plant; Weeks down; Units lost per week.
- What's the right size for an assembly plant? McAlinden, Sean B. // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Oct97, Vol. 109 Issue 10, p14
Deals with the determination of the right size for a car assembly plant. Praise for the optimum scale of Japanese vehicle makers; Comparison with that of the Big Three automobile companies in the United States; Need for the Big Three to consolidate and increase the average capacity of their...
- Mid-south states woo automaker. Chappell, Lindsay // Automotive News;11/20/1995, Vol. 70 Issue 5633, p48
Reports on the proliferation of automobile plants in Tennessee. Includes Toyota; Mercedes Benz; Toyota's reluctance to invest in Indiana; Construction-ready industrial property offered by Tennessee to auto manufacturers.
- Buyer for Chrysler site in Fenton still sought. // South County Journal;8/17/2011, Vol. 56 Issue 33, pA2
The article reports that the city of Fenton in Missouri is still seeking for a buyer for the assembly plant property of Chrysler, which closed its south plant in October 2008 and its north plant in July 2009.