Applying VFDs to Refrigeration Systems
- Horsepower Talk Gives Way to Capacity Considerations. Powell, Peter // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;4/3/2006, Vol. 227 Issue 14, p11
The article focuses on describing compressors by capacity-based nomenclature. The model is easier to specify and give designers more options. Disk valve semi-hermetic reciprocating compressors make up the predominant technology used in the supermarket in the U.S. The compressor models will be...
- Maglev Makes Its Next Move, From Trains to 'Trane' Dealers. Hampton, Tudor // ENR: Engineering News-Record;12/26/2005, Vol. 255 Issue 25, p14
The article presents information on the magnetic levitation (maglev) compressors. As green building technology becomes more fashionable, the overdue promise of "maglev" power transmission is starting to bear fruit in the form of lower energy costs for buildings and industrial plants, says Mike...
- Fundamentals Of Head Pressure Control. Demma, Dave // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;11/1/2004, Vol. 223 Issue 9, p15
Part I. Discusses the basics of head pressure control to reduce the electrical consumption of refrigerator compressors in the supermarket-in-summer setting. Lowering the discharge (head) pressure; Adverse effects of overdoing the reduction of head pressure, including the underfeeding of...
- Copeland Touts Supermarket Technologies. Powell, Peter // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;6/5/2000, Vol. 210 Issue 6, p32
Focuses on the efforts of Copeland Corp. based in Chicago, Illinois to introduce products for supermarket technologies. Introduction of the products during the Food Marketing Institute show; Applications of the equipment; Involvement of the company in screw compressors; Sensitivity of start-up...
- Types Of Automatic Pumpdown Control Systems. Tomczyk, John // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;12/3/2001, Vol. 214 Issue 14, p16
Focuses on the different types of automatic pumpdown control systems. Use of automatic pumpdown on electrical defrost systems; Elimination of the high amp draw from the compressor and defrost heaters by a double-acting low-pressure switch; Effects of the non-recycling automatic pumpdown system...
- New Oil Designed To Curb NH[sub3] Absorption Woes. Powell, Peter // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;4/1/2002, Vol. 215 Issue 14, p12
Focuses on brewery Cerveceria Quilmes' use of Reflo 68A refrigeration oil for its ammonia compressors in Argentina. Fluid absorption into the ammonia; Compressors' function to cool down brewing water; Composition of the oil.
- THE Compressor MYSTERIES. Gauge, Sam // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;4/28/2003, Vol. 218 Issue 17, p1
Explains why compressor failures are constantly misdiagnosed in the air conditioning, heating and refrigeration industry. Similarity of such failures to heart failures in some people; Case examples illustrating the damage that misdiagnosed compressors can cause.
- Compressor superheat. Tomczyk, John // Refrigeration Service & Contracting;Aug97, Vol. 65 Issue 8, p16
Discusses the measurement of compressor or total superheat coming from the low side of a refrigeration system. Composition of total superheat; Pressure reading; Use of the thermostatic expansion valve to control total superheat; Causes of low evaporator loads.
- Oil Safety Controllers and Their Circuits. Tomczyk, John // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;2/1/2010, Vol. 239 Issue 5, p12
The article offers information on the oil safety controllers and their circuits in the refrigeration equipment.