Reducing Utility Costs Through Peak Shaving
- Utilities turning on recruiting power. Kong, Susan // Crain's New York Business;9/5/94, Vol. 10 Issue 36, p20
Reports on utility companies' involvement in the recruitment of business partners and clients. Decreased profit margin due to competition; Hunt for New York companies as clients; Business opportunities for utility companies; Legislative proposals.
- Developer finance. Lanchner, David; Thurston, Charles // Global Finance;Sep97, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p65
Discusses the developer finance in the different utilities in several countries. Includes the North Asian countries; Central Asian countries; Southeast Asian countries; Australian countries.
- Spooked by deregulation, investors are abandoning dividend-producing utilities. Cullen, Lisa Reilly // Money;June97, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p66
Notes that small investors are abandoning investment in utilities because of the fall in the Standard & Poor's utilities average. The shrinking of mutual funds owning utilities; The concerns about deregulation; Comments from William Tilles, senior analyst with Smith Barney.
- Hedging with futures. Henken, Richard // Electric Perspectives;Sep/Oct93, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p34
Discusses energy futures trading by utilities. Regulated gas and electric utilities' growing use of futures; Performance rate mechanism's two parts; Bills before the Massachusetts legislature on allowing utilities to hedge fuel requirements; Opposition to hedging; Reconsidering the value of...
- Power-Sector Financing Comes of Age. // Corporate Legal Times;Jun2001, Vol. 11 Issue 115, pbwb19
Offers an observation on the power-sector financing during an online forum. Use of the portfolio in financing projects; Role of the financing levels on the costs of project finance; Influence of high gas prices and cold winters on the power crisis; Evolution of various structured financing.
- Top 15 portfolio offers more growth. // Dow Theory Forecasts;6/28/2010, Vol. 66 Issue 26, p5
The article focuses on the Top 15 Utilities portfolio while presenting pie charts reflecting revenue breakdowns of utilities with regulated and non-regulated businesses.
- East Amwell set to receive energy grants. DAKS, MARTIN C. // njbiz;8/30/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 35, p8
The article reports on an announcement made by the Board of Public Utilities regarding a federal Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant that will be awarded to the municipality of East Amwell Township in New Jersey to upgrade its heating, lighting and other systems.
- Watchdog rejects split for NI utilities. // Utility Week;10/14/2011, p8
The article reports on the decision of Northern Ireland's Utility Regulator to discontinue financing changes that could see companies split into asset and operating arms.
- Utilities. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;02/09/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30327, p21A
Highlights the performance of utility bond issuance in the United States in 1997. Twenty-four percent increase in levels; Amount of total bonds issued; Quarterly utility bond sales; Leading issuers and largest deals; Revolving funds activity.