- Clearnet installs cdma2000 equipment. // RCR;06/05/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p28
Focuses on Canadian wireless company Clearnet Communications Inc.'s installation of wireless equipment adhering to the third-generation cdma2000 international standard.
- Clearnet introduces flat-rate Internet service. // RCR Wireless News;9/25/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 39, p2
Introduces the flat-rate wireless Internet service offered by wireless operator Clearnet Communications Inc. in Scarborough, Ontario.
- Clearnet launches prepaid service. // RCR;08/21/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 34, p46
Reports on Clearnet Communications Inc.'s launch of Pay & Talk, a Web-ready digital prepaid wireless service.
- Clearnet intros wireless communities. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;08/17/98, Vol. 235 Issue 7, p14
Focuses on Clearnet's introduction of wireless communities which it hopes will make having a Clearnet Mike iDEN telephone essential. Communication via Mike's Direct Connect two-way radios; Industrynet's extension of the benefits of Direct Connect outside a user's company; Creation of seven...
- WHAT took so long. Tausz, Andrew // Global Telephony;Jun2001, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p6
Comments on the impact on Canada's wireless communication industry by the acquisition of Clearnet Communication Inc. by Telus Corp. Increase of market competitiveness; Capital expansion of the companies to build third-generation services; Estimates of capital costs saved by the companies. ...
- Clearnet forms partnerships in advance of wireless Internet launch. // RCR;05/22/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 21, p2
Announces multiple strategic alliances entered into by Clearnet Communications Inc. to enable the development of infrastructure, software applications and Internet Web content for both its wireless Internet services in Canada.
- Wireless operators move to voice over IP. A.B. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Sep98, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p16
Reports on the completion of a voice over IP wireless telecommunication service by NTL for Omnitel Inc.'s operations in Italy. Significance of the deal on improving wireless telecommunication competition. INSET: EC probes mobile phone charges..
- Banking on Security. Goldman, Chris // Wireless Review;04/01/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p22
Discusses public key infrastructure (PKI), a security solution for wireless communication systems. Role of public key cryptography in PKI; Certificate authority of PKI; PKI product of 724 Solutions; PKI solution from Baltimore Technologies; Impact of PKI on wireless carriers' opportunity to...
- Omnitel Spa licenses Phone.Com server suite. // RCR;06/28/99, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p29
Reports on Phone.Com Inc.'s UP.Link Server Sui20te wireless application protocol solution has been licensed by Omnitel Inc. for its Omnitel 2000 Internet portal.