Tiny Pagers Tempt Teenaged Subscribers
- Starring on (very) small screen. SWEENEY, BRIGID // Crain's Chicago Business;9/1/2014, Vol. 37 Issue 45, p0004
The article focuses on the mobile marketing technology company Iris Mobile co-founded by Cezar Kolodziej in Illinois. Topics covered include his collaboration with Motorola Inc. cohorts Deep Malik and Nick Doulas to create rich media messaging that automatically tailors a retailer's coupon or...
- If your waiter's a KAtt, you'd better leave him a pretty impressive tip. Katt, Spencer F. // PC Week;6/28/93, Vol. 10 Issue 25, p224
Discusses Motorola's multimedia chip combining DRAM and up to 64 processors. PowerPC; Digital World conference; Borland's container applications from its object-oriented frameworks; John Sculley's demo of Newton and of Apple Computer Inc.'s ezTV interface; Super HyperCard-Dylan development...
- Applications released from platform confines. Biggs, Maggie // InfoWorld;02/23/98, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p110
Features several message queuing software products. Applications; Internet applications; Configurations; Key specifications; Capabilities; Implementation of message-queuing technology. INSETS: Message-queuing computer-based training.;Asynchronous messaging pushes to... by Ted Smalley Bowen.
- NTS Messages and Field Day. // QST;Jul2006, Vol. 90 Issue 7, p74
The article provides information on the Field Day 2006 and discusses guidelines for the eligibility of receiving bonus points for handling formal messages.
- G5 Messaging Supports Session-Based SMTP. // Information Today;Mar98, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p36
Reports that according to G5 Messaging Forum, G5 Messaging, the integrated multimedia messaging specification supports the use of the session-based Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) for Internet tranfers. Information on the G5 Messaging Forum; Applications which the session-based SMTP has...
- Novell's MHS plans bring challenge to E-mail firms. Van Kirk, Doug // InfoWorld;4/11/94, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p1
Reports on the plans of Novell Inc. to revamp its Message Handling Service (MHS). Implications for users; Standardization of basic messaging as an operating system feature; Plans of small publishers for meeting this threat; Appeal of other vendors to niche markets that are not served by the...
- RadioMail service gains voice messaging, interactive paging. Moeller, Michael // PC Week;8/22/94, Vol. 11 Issue 33, p47
Introduces RadioMail Corp.'s call-in service that lets personal digital assistant (PDA) and laptop personal computer (PC) users receive alphanumeric pages wirelessly. Interactive response capabilities; Voice message via RadioMail operator; Users' interactive handling of messages in real time;...
- Novell's GroupWise gains competitive Web features. Rooney, Paula // PC Week;12/02/96, Vol. 13 Issue 48, p6
Reports that Novell Inc. will begin beta testing Internet services for its GroupWise messaging system in January of 1997. Novell's advantage over its competitors; Upgrade features; Planned changes for the future; Details.
- NET PROPHET. Dugan, Sean M. // InfoWorld;08/07/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 32, p94
Focuses on the evolution of instant messaging (IM) into pervasive messaging. How pervasive messaging was designed; Companies that are promoting IM; Goal of IMunified organization for the promotion of IM.