Price Per Minute In Major Cities
- Carriers redouble focus on business needs. Diegel, Steven // Wireless Review;09/15/98, Vol. 15 Issue 18, p16
Reports on the efforts of several telecommunication companies to satisfy the needs of their business clients. Information on the Business Market Division formed by AT&T Wireless Services; Functions and services of `Taking Care of Business' program by Aerial Communications company.
- Balance Swings to Customer Retention. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;1/15/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p16
The article focuses on the trend in retaining existing customers and its operating cost posed for wireless communication carriers in the U.S. According to Bear Stearns analyst Phil Cusick, the trend will allow carriers to find value in farming their current base customers for additional revenue....
- AT&T Brings Zed To America. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;9/3/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 36, p12
Reports on the launch of the zed data service in the United States by AT&T Wireless. Features of the service; Significance of the launch.
- Wanted: A Long Term Commitment. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;10/7/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 36, p14
Reports on the trend for two-year service agreements with wireless communication carriers in the U.S.. Reasons for the emphasis on two-year commitments; Incentives of a contract from Verizon Wireless; Details on a program of AT& Wireless; Other companies that avoid the trend.
- Wireless nirvana. Sextro, Darren // Wireless Review;02/15/98, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p216
Discusses several development stages experienced by wireless service providers. Pre-competition period; Flurry of market competition; Company's reactionary response to market changes; Reorganization of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. during its `work smarter, not just faster phase.'
- PocketNet Redux. Goldman, Chris // Wireless Review;06/15/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p7
Reports on the Digital PocketNet service of AT&T Wireless Services Incorporated. View of analysts on the service; Rate of the service.
- Rapid Response. Harter, Betsy // Wireless Review;11/15/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 22, p3
Reports on the telecommunication service offered by AT&T Wireless Services Incorporated. Capacity of the company in dealing with disasters; Process used by the company for planned events; Reason of AT&T for working with its competitors. INSET: Survivability Plans Speed Recovery.
- The E-Mail Connection. // Wireless Review;06/01/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p72
Presents actual random calls made to the customer service departments of United States communication carriers, Verizon Wireless and AT&T Wireless, to determine their services for mobile workers that would like to access their corporate e-mail accounts via their mobile devices. Situation...
- AT&T Wireless Group tops profit growth. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;11/27/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 48, p16
Reports on the leadership of AT&T Wireless group in profit growth among telecommunication companies in the United States for 2000.