Firms Put Telematics On The Road
- Car fleets could reap big savings. de Saint-Seine, Sylviane // Automotive News Europe;5/6/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p19
Assesses the possibility of reducing the operating cost of fleet management through the use of telematics in automobiles. Discussion on scheduling and mileage reports provided by telematics system; Deal made by Ford Motor Co. with other car makers to develop telematics system.
- MyAssist Chosen for Ford SYNC Live Operator Assistance. Hilton, James // Automotive Industries;Jul2011, Vol. 191 Issue 7, p31
The article reports that Ford Motor Co. has appointed MyAssist for providing live operator assistance to it's SYNC Services registered users. Jim Flavell, senior vice president of MyAssist stated that the company is feeling proud in working with Ford. It also informs that MyAssist is a company...
- A good business model is hard to find. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;04/02/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 14, p52
Reports that telecommunication carriers and car manufacturers are looking into telematics as a potential revenue-generator. Companies which have realized the potential of telematics; Factors driving the activity toward telematics; Telematics services offered by the collaboration between Sprint...
- Ford Resolves MyFord Touch Complaints; Expects Quality-Ranking Improvement. Pope, Byron // Ward's Auto World Exclusive Insight;11/7/2011, p1
The article reports that Ford Motor will resolve the problems related to its MyFord Touch, an in-car communications and entertainment system, with an upgrade that provides simpler graphics, faster touch-screen response and easier-to-use controls. It notes that the quality ratings of the firm...
- Ford teams with Sprint. Teresko, John // Industry Week/IW;05/01/2000, Vol. 249 Issue 9, p16
Focuses on the telematics services offered by Ford Motor Co., which feature an integrated dual-band StarTAC Sprint PCS phone with optional Sprint PCS Wireless Web service. Benefits of the service.
- Ford's fire alarms out of sync. // Automotive News;1/11/2010, Vol. 84 Issue 6394, p30
The article reports on the upgrades to the Ford Motor Co.'s Sync in-car communications system.
- Ignoring static, makers advance on telematics. Kachadourian, Gail // Automotive News;9/3/2001, Vol. 76 Issue 5946, p27
Reports the marketing performance of North American market on factory-installed telematics. Expected sales for the year 2007 projects; Factors contributing to the growth of sales; Plan of Ford Motor Co. to launch Vehicle Communication System.
- Is 3G an Edsel? Lesser, Roger // Site Management & Technology;Fall2002, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p6
Provides information on the condition of third generation (3G) in the telecommunications industry. Background on Edsel, a car division developed by the company Ford; Similarities of 3G and Edsel; Details on the situation of 3G in several countries around the world.
- Qualcomm, Ford Join In Auto Venture. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;08/07/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 32, p1
Reports on a joint venture of Qualcomm Inc. and Ford Motor Co. tentatively called Wingcast, for a multifaceted wireless communication service for vehicles. Goal to bring voice, entertainment, Internet access, navigation and safety services into cars and trucks; Estimated growth of the...