Touting Features In The Battle For Subscribers
- Call Waiting. Seglin, Jeffrey L. // Inc.;1999 Inc. Technology 3, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p37
Criticizes the cellular phone service of GTE Airfone Inc. available for airline passengers in the United States. Experience of a passenger of a flight going to Atlanta in using the phone; Flaws of the cellular phone product; Response of the manufacturer of the phone.
- Complaining Customers. // Rural Telecommunications;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p9
Reports on the ranking of cellular phones on the list of the most complained about industries in the U.S. according to a 2003 data released by the Council of Better Business Bureaus (CBBB). Other business that generated more complaints; Factors that contributed to the increase in grievances;...
- As BREW Experience Steeps, Numbers Creep. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;7/1/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 14, p16
Reports on an increase in the use of the Binary Run-time Environment for Wireless (BREW) platform from Qualcomm as of July 1, 2004. Number of carriers who use BREW; Information on number of consumers of Verizon Wireless who have downloaded BREW applications after the launch of its Get It Now...
- VERIZON EXPANDS WIRELESS NETWORK IN PHILADELPHIA. // RBOC Update;Nov2007, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p6
The article reports on the expansion of the wireless communication network of Verizon Wireless in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania with the launching of a cell site. The cell site enables Verizon Wireless to increase its coverage and capacity along the intersections of Frankford and Castor Avenues,...
- Vodafone aims for 10m 3G users by 2006. Reynolds, Melanie // Electronics Weekly;11/17/2004, Issue 2171, p12
The article presents information on various developments related to the telecommunication industry. Vodafone AG has launched its 3G mobile phone service in Great Britain, making it the first of the original four operators to launch widespread 3G commercial services in Great Britain. John...
- LNP Success Sets Stage For Corporate Customers. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;12/15/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 25, p14
Forecasts on the changes the wireless local number portability (LNP) services providers in the U.S. would undergo in 2005 to meet the needs of its corporate customers. Reduction of LNP fees by wireless carriers; Popularity of LNP since 2003; Services demanded by corporate customers.
- BEYOND SPEED. Roberts, Steve // Wireless Review;04/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p56
Discusses the importance of network performance for telecommunication carriers providing third-generation wireless services. Factors that determine customer perceptions of quality in wireless telephone systems; Significance of speed in gauging the quality of wireless data.
- WI Max back on the map. Brooks, Jason // eWeek;4/7/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p56
The author reflects on the plan of Sprint and Clearwire to establish a nationwide WiMax wireless data network. He refers to the implications of such technology, as it will benefit consumers, particularly reducing their data bills. He suggests that unlicensed spectrum-based options would benefit...
- Study looks at telematics desires of more youthful drivers. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;12/4/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 49, p38
Reports on the findings of a J.D. Power and Associates focus-group study on what wireless communications features Generation X and Y consumers would most want in next-generation vehicles.