Ebbers Points To Rural Wireless Potential
- Ebbers aims to keep Internet play as part of Sprint buy. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;01/17/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p3
Focuses on MCI WorldCom Inc. Chief Executive Officer Bernie Ebbers' disclosure of his plan to acquire Sprint Corp.'s wireless properties during a luncheon meeting at the National Press Club in Washington D.C. Clarification on rumors that MCI WorldCom attempted to acquire Nextel Communications...
- Viewpoint. Ford, Tracy // RCR;10/11/99, Vol. 18 Issue 41, p12
Comments on MCI WorldCom Inc.'s acquisition of Sprint Corp., in the form of an open letter to Bernard J. Ebbers, president and chief executive officer of MCI WorldCom. Significance of the deal to MCI WorldCom's long-standing desire to establish a nationwide wireless presence; Sprint's...
- Third Quarter: Endnotes. Cohen, Judith Radler // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;10/11/99, Vol. 12 Issue 40, p4
Reports on the planned joining of MCI Worldcom Inc. and Sprint Corp. Purpose; Impact of the arrival of the team MCI/Sprint on the 1999 United States deal activity; Objective of the dialogue with the clients by Gordon Dyal, managing director at Goldman Sachs.
- MCI's grand maneuver in the race to offer telecom service bundles. Harrison, Joan // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jan2000, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p19
Reports on California-based MCI WorldCom Inc.'s proposed acquisition of Sprint Corp. Value of the deal; Long-distance duopoly between MCI WorldCom and AT&T; Result of the firm's 1999 Residential Long Distance Customer Satisfaction Study.
- Becoming a Giant. Schober, David // Telephony;10/11/99, Vol. 237 Issue 15, p8
Reports the merger between MCI WorldCom and Sprint. Benefit of the merger; Reason for the merger; Focus of the merger.
- Doubts Grow About MCI-Sprint Merger. Trager, Louis // Inter@ctive Week;11/22/99, Vol. 6 Issue 48, p16
Focuses on the merger of MCI WorldCom Inc. and Sprint Corp. Problems with the deal; Efforts of Tom Burnett, founder of Merger Insights, to steer investors away from Sprint stock; Predicted market share of the merger.
- Users blast WorldCom merger. Rohde, David // Network World;10/11/99, Vol. 16 Issue 41, p1
Focuses on the adverse effects on consumers of the merger between MCI WorldCom and Sprint. Concern over changeovers in contract terms and prices; Need to sort out fast packet and Internet Protocol networks; Reaction of Sprint employees to the deal. INSET: What is Sprint Ion's fate?.
- Reluctantly in favor of a bigger MCI WorldCom. Dix, John // Network World;10/11/99, Vol. 16 Issue 41, p54
Discusses the acquisition of Sprint by MCI WorldCom. Effect of the merger to consumers; Consolidation caused by market forces; Economic considerations on the growth of interexchange traffic.
- Feds Examine Planned MCI-Sprint Deal. Trager, Louis // Inter@ctive Week;12/20/99, Vol. 6 Issue 52, p12
Deals with the regulatory concerns about the harm to long-distance competition that MCI WorldCom's takeover of Sprint might cause. Information demanded by the United States Federal Communications Commission on the deal; Implications of the merger.