Motorola Tries To Jazz Network Employees
- Focus on Results at Motorola. Galagan, Patricia // Training & Development Journal;May86, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p43
Reports on employee training at Motorola Inc. Expansion of the company's lines of business; Steps taken to convert human capital into a strategic resource; Investment in training; Allocation of training as a percentage of the payroll.
- Never a dull moment. Jusko, Jill // Industry Week/IW;3/20/2000, Vol. 249 Issue 6, p14
Highlights the Network Solutions Sector (NSS) creative employee training program at Motorola Incorporated. Details on the program; Explanation from Jodi Shapiro, director of environmental health and safety at Motorola NSS about the effort; Award received by the program from the United States...
- Motorola slashes 320 in Austin's SP sector. // Electronic News (10616624);11/04/96, Vol. 42 Issue 2141, p8
Reports that Motorola Inc. has reduced its Austin, Texas Semiconductor Products Sector workforce by 320 people. Buyout offer to employees; Cost-cutting measures of the company.
- A school for success. Grant, Linda // U.S. News & World Report;5/22/95, Vol. 118 Issue 20, p53
Focuses on an ambitious job-training program at Motorola. Belief of Motorola executives that the company's sizable training commitment has contributed to strong financial results; Why the program is considered a model in corporate circles; Start of Motorola's education push; Detail of the...
- Talent for finding global high-fliers. // Personnel Today;10/29/2002, p2
Focuses on electronically based talentweb system that has helped Motorola Inc. build profiles of its top managers and move staff around the global organization. Significance of the system in identifying talents within an organization; Areas where the organization used findings from the system;...
- WESTMINSTER DIARY. Dalyell, Tam // New Scientist;05/19/2001, Vol. 170 Issue 2291, p51
Focuses on the closure and lay-offs at Motorola's Scottish factory in Bathgate. Number of people that have lost their job at the factory; Effects of lay-offs on skilled staff; Details on Motorola decision makers.
- Motorola exit from paging biz leads to job losses. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;3/11/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p39
Reports on the move of Motorola Inc. to leave the paging industry. Number of job losses that will result from the move of the company; Reason of the company for its move.
- Teamwork Grows ROOTS In China. // Industry Week/IW;10/19/98, Vol. 247 Issue 19, p26
Reports the prize won by representatives from Tianjin plant of Motorola Inc. in Beijing, China who participated in the annual gathering of the company employees in Orlando, Florida. Information on the operations of Motorola in Tianjin; Information on the annual event competition at Motorola.
- Motorola Cuts 7,000 More Cellphone Jobs. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;03/19/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p4
Reports on Motorola's reduction of the number of cellular phone division employees in its global work force. Reason for the move; Other steps taken by the company to accelerate improvement.