Add Another W To I-n-t-e-r-n-e-t
- Vodafone, Verizon to share revenues with content providers. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;11/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 47, p3
Reports on the revenue-sharing agreement signed by Vodafone Group PLC and Verizon Wireless with their wireless Internet content providers. Plan of Vodafone to launch a system that will allow third-party content providers to charge for their service; Growth of revenue sharing in the United...
- Vodafone trials roaming with WAP. // RCR;05/08/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p36
Reports on Vodafone AirTouch PLC's testing of an international Wireless Application Protocol system.
- Vodafone Slows 3G Spending. // Wireless Week;7/23/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 30, p1
Reports on the plan of Vodafone to scale back spending on its third-generation network. Reason behind the move; Number of base stations to be built in Great Britain; Wireless carriers in the United States that have suffered from handset shortages.
- Handset Hindrance. Cushing, Karl // Electronic News;03/19/2001, Vol. 47 Issue 12, p6
Reveals that the plan of Vodafone company in Great Britain to launch its full mobile services is hindered due to lack of handsets. Actions taken by the company to address the problem; Details on the launching plan of the company.
- Vodafone reduces top-up margins. // Checkout;Aug2010, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p10
The article reports on the decision of Vodafone Group PLC to cut the commission levels on mobile phone top-ups in Ireland.
- 4G wireless networks open for business. // NZ Business;Apr2013, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p55
The article presents information on the 4G mobile data service from Vodafone Group PLC.
- Game Of 3G Roulette. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;04/02/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 14, p1
Reports on the feud between the company Verizon Wireless and Vodafone Group PLC over third-generation migration paths for wireless communication. Ownership of Vodafone in Verizon Wireless; Speculation on the cause of the feud between Vodafone and Verizon; Press release issued by Vodafone Group.
- Vodafone Advocates New, Global 3G Operators Club. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;06/11/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 24, p27
Reports on the call of the Vodafone company for wireless operators to form a global operators club. Stakes of Vodafone in the wireless communications industry; Information on Vodafone's recommendation; Reactions of various wireless groups to the concept.
- Vodafone comments on speed issue. // RCR Wireless News;9/17/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 38, p10
Deals with the response of Vodafone to media reports on the speed of its third-generation wireless network to be launched in 2002. Implications for the use of the UMTS standard by global system for mobile communication-based operators; Information on the Third Generation Partnership Program.