AOL's Heavy Lifting
- Merger fervour. McClelland, Stephen // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb2000, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p10
Comments on the merger of America Online Inc. and media company Time-Warner in the United States. Stock market's reaction to the mega-merger; Investors' attitudes towards the merger; Stock prices of the two firms after the announcement of the merger; Assessment of content acquisition.
- Vision of digital future to emerge from crucial ruling. Marks, Alexandra // Christian Science Monitor;11/14/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 248, p4
Discusses the possible merger of America Online and Time Warner Inc. and what it could mean to the communications industry in the future.
- TW, AOL: all forest, very few trees. Mermigas, Diane; Lafayette, Jon // Electronic Media;07/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p1
Reports on Time Warner and America Online's (AOL) plan for an open-access agreement and a technical and operations trial to assure consumers choice following criticism over their merger. Plan for the merged company to demonstrate the unified vision of their management; Overview on the offer...
- AOL Shakes Up Open Access. Quinton, Brian // Telephony;01/17/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 3, p8
Focuses on the merger of Time Warner and America Online Inc. Estimated value of the stock-swap deal; Impact of the merger on the telecommunication industry; Criticism from open access proponents.
- Where New and Old Worlds Collide. Cooper, Ron // Investment Dealers' Digest;01/08/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p19
Focuses on America Online Inc.'s acquisition of Time Warner Inc. Winning of the Overall Deal of the Year award from the periodical 'Investment Dealers' Digest' for the year 2000; Deal type; Deal size; Brokers of the deal.
- Time Warner Makes Nice with Merger Foes. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;08/07/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 32, p3
Focuses on the effort of Time Warner Inc. to prevent potential threats in its merger with America Online. Approval of AT and T Corp. to purchase MediaOne Group; Restoration of the electronic program guide of Gemstar International.
- Two Giants Join Forces. // Scholastic News -- Senior Edition;02/07/2000, Vol. 68 Issue 16, p2
Reports on the merger of America Online and Time Warner.
- Speed bumps for AOL/Time Warner? Quinton, Brian // Telephony;06/26/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 26, p25
Discusses issues on the planned merger between America Online (AOL) and Time Warner. Concern expressed by regulatory agencies about the anti-competitive impact of such merger; Implication of the possible European Union disapproval of the merger; Domination of AOL in the instant messaging...
- Globalisation. // Finance Week;01/14/2000, p6
Informs on Internet provider America Online's merger intentions with media group Time Warner.
- AOL, Time Warner didn't have to merge to achieve goals. Dodge, John // PC Week;01/17/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p3
Comments on the proposed merger between America Online Inc. and Time Warner Inc. Advantages of the deal for both companies and their customers; Potential cultural clash between the companies' management; Impact on the coming revolution in television.