- Personalized service is now the norm. Graham, John R. // American Salesman;Feb99, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p8
Examines whether customers prefer personalized service. Examples of customer complaints; Reason customers like personal service; Internet as the force redefining customer service.
- Use in-house computers to make customer service profitable. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;5/15/96, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p9
Presents views from Jim deGraffenreid, president of Hart Publications, concerning the use of in-house computers to increase revenue, and customer service into a profit-generating business. Use of the customer as a prospective consumer; Selling of additional products after problem resolution;...
- Quality and Service for Internal Customers. McDermott, Lynda C.; Emerson, Michael // Training & Development Journal;Jan1991, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p61
Discusses tips on improving service to internal customers. Strategic importance of internal service; Internal customer satisfaction model.
- Should Internal Customers Exist? Harari, Oren // Management Review;Jul91, Vol. 80 Issue 7, p41
Discusses reasons why a pervasive concern with internal customers will likely cause problems on businesses. Anecdotes on problems related to internal customers; Impact of diverting attention to internal customers on services provided to external customers; Operational consequences of the...
- Internal affairs. Meltzer, Michael // Financial Management;Nov2002, p12
Focuses on issues pertaining to the implementation of internal customer relations (ICR) management. Background on the customer relationship management concept; Reasons for the importance placed on ICR by companies.
- IsYour Firm ANYWHERE? Green, Emily Nagle // MWorld;Summer2010, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p41
The article offers the author's insights on a global network fabric called Anywhere Network. She says that the network will be used to interconnect people and things around them. She states that through this network, organizations can divest in-house information technology (IT) resources and...
- Study: Outsourcing losing luster. Mears, Jennifer // Network World;4/25/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p10
This article reports the results of a survey by Deloitte Consulting LLC on the use of outsourcing by organizations to cut cost and boost efficiencies. The survey found that 70 percent have had negative experiences with outsourcing projects and are now taking a more cautious approach. One in four...
- Increased accountability. Shoup, Larry // Network World;2/2/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p40
Highlights internal service-level agreements (SLA) between information technology departments and business units they serve. Description of the concept of SLA. which is a published guaranteed level of service that the information technology department gives to each business unit it supports;...
- Spotlight shines on `internal customers'. Emrich // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/15/99, Vol. 17 Issue 46, p3
Focuses on the Internal Customer Service seminars conducted throughout the United States. Concept of internal customer service; Increase in the interest on external customer service; Presentations and discussions; Goals and emphasis of the seminars.