- GE Security Increases MASterMind Staff. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jun2007 Part 1 of 2, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p24
The article reports on the developments surrounding GE Security Inc. The company has expanded its engineering and customer support teams. The effort is in response to increased demand for its MASterMind security automation software. Furthermore, MASterMind is used by security installation firms...
- Central Station Software Can Help Achieve Integration Goals. Engebretson, Joan // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Sep2007, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p127
An interview with Jim Paulson, global marketing leader for the intrusion group of GE Security Inc., is presented. When asked if how can central station software help video, intrusion protection and access control function as a single seamless system, he refers to the traditional security panel...
- FIXED DOME SURVEILLANCE CAMERAS. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Apr2008, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p125
The article presents a comparison of two fixed-dome surveillance cameras from GE Security Inc. including the CamPlus 2 DM2 and CamPlus 2 DR2.
- Mass Notification Systems. Bilodeau, Dan // Canadian Consulting Engineer;Mar/Apr2011, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p36
The article discusses the capabilities of a mass notification system (MNS). It notes that that MNS are fundamental tool to quickly and effectively respond to any emergency or any dangerous circumstances. It stresses that the systems are used in different settings such as school campuses,...
- Hardening the Entrance. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Dec2003, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p21
Looks into the security technologies developed to harden security and improve safety on establishment entrances and driveways in the U.S. Features of the warning gates to be installed at the Macombs Dam Bridge in the Bronx, New York; Anti-terrorist barrier systems created by Norwood,...
- ID Tech Goes Mobile. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Dec2003, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p25
Focuses on the technology developed by security system companies which offer a long range of protection parameter and mobility features for establishments in the U.S. Utilization of the barcode security system developed by Exton, Pennsylvania-based Datastrip; Advantages in the use of the system...
- Keeping Access Simple. Mesenbrink, John // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Dec2003, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p27
Looks into the use of access control technology for the security of establishments in the U.S. Factors considered by end users in the choice of access control technologies; Advantages in the use of the technology by the firms; Features of the developed control systems.
- Station Integration. // Government Security;Jun/Jul2007, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p8
The article reports on the security system implemented by the Reno, Nevada Police Department to help ensure employee safety. The video surveillance system allows employees to observe parking lots prior to leaving the police building and also allows police to identify people before they are...
- Video's Security Attraction. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2002, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p11
Discusses findings of the 'Security' and 'SDM' magazines' research of buyers which showed that video surveillance is the preferred type of security product. Advantages of video surveillance; Technology advances; Buyers' interest on Internet-based video surveillance systems.