IP Intercoms Help Bring Order
- Electronic surveillance systems shifting to IP from point-to-point. Latham, Donald // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Oct2004, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p12
Focuses on the shifting of the methods of systems communication in the security industry from closed-circuit television to Internet Protocol (IP)-based communications. Evolution of the closed-circuit television system; Impact of the appearance of IP-based cameras on the market; Introduction of...
- ARE YOU KITTING? Gager, Russ // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Aug2005, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p52
Describes the advantages of using closed-circuit equipment in prepackaged video surveillance system. Cost and time savings; Ease of installation; Variations of kits. INSETS: How Your Distributors Can Help;'Baby Steps' -- Why Some Won't Kit;Unique System Solutions.
- IP ALAPÃš CCTV RENDSZERT? Tamás, Horváth // HadmÃ©rnÃ¶k;jun2011, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p369
Almost every day, before install video surveillance systems, we get the question not easy decide: it is any reason to install IP based CCTV system or we should implement the classic analogue one? What is the system which provides the best expected result? The answer of course is not easy even if...
- IP-based intercom brings order to county court complex. // Government Product News;Dec2007, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p18
The article relates the experience of Michigan's Lapeer County court system in deploying Internet Protocol (IP)-based intercommunication system from Digital Acoustics Corp. The intercom system was installed to connect courtrooms, hearing rooms, and holding cells to the control center. Chuck...
- Intercoms today can provide more than 2-way conversation. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Feb98, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p61
Features various intercommunication systems that are used and integrated with closed-circuit television and access control to form a complete security package. Includes AlphaCom from Stentofon Communications; Viking emergency phones from Viking Electronics Inc.
- CCTV, SURVEILLANCE, and COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jun2004 Part 2 of 2, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p25
Presents a list of closed-circuit television systems, surveillance, and communication equipment. Analog video recorders; Cable and accessories; Cameras available.
- $800 Million Market Keeps An Eye On You. Kirstein, Mark // Electronic Design;9/28/2006, Vol. 54 Issue 21, p23
The article reports on the exploding market for Internet Protocol (IP) video surveillance cameras and servers that will produce about $800 million opportunity for semiconductors by 2010 in the U.S. The revenue from shipments of IP video surveillance cameras will continue to grow at a compound...
- Speaker of the House. Jamieson, Dave // Our Schools / Our Selves;2008, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p139
A reprint of the article "Speaker of the House," by Dave Jamieson, which appeared in the July 7, 2006 issue of "Washington Free Weekly" is presented. A city-financed rehabilitation project was recently completed and the tenants of the Faircliff low-income housing complex have been enjoying fresh...
- Emergency intercoms to the rescue. Colombo, Allan B. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;May98, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p99
Presents information on emergency intercom systems. Features of the systems; Details on the security process built into the system; How emergency intercom systems work. INSETS: At a glance;Testing and maintenance are key issues.