Secure to the Touch: Ease Access while Improving Security
- Eye Spy. Dalton, Aaron // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Nov2004, Vol. 78 Issue 11, p12
Features the use of the biometric security system in U.S. hospitals and other health networks. Importance of installing an iris recognition system and fingerprint readers to secure patient information; Advantages and disadvantages of the system; Contribution of radio-frequency cards to the...
- GETTING PERSONAL. Moss, Brenda // Health Facilities Management;Sep2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p20
Focuses on the adoption of biometric security technologies by some hospitals and health care facilities in the U.S. Background on biometrics; Option provided by hand geometry for facilities employing biometrics; Application of data protection for biometrics; Implementation of the Politec...
- ICU Security System Using Biometric Method. Geetha, S. // Middle East Journal of Scientific Research;2/5/2014, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p359
This paper is based on biometrics which provides automatic identification of an individual based on a unique feature or characteristics possessed by an individual. Iris recognition is regarded as the most reliable and accurate biometric identification system available. The system has been...
- Biometrics Use is Gaining Acceptance. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Feb2010, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p14
The article offers information on the Unisys Security Index by the Liebermann Group which shows that majority of the Americans are willing to provide biometric data to secure their identity and that men are more willing to provide such data than women.
- Never mind quality, get in technology. Lee, Andrew // Engineer (00137758);6/13/2003, Vol. 292 Issue 7629, p5
Focuses on an article about biometric security systems featured in the June 13, 2003 issue of 'The Engineer' magazine. Iris voice or fingerprint scanning to confirm a person's identity; Possible application of the technology in voting.
- Security habits. Pierce, Julia // Engineer (00137758);6/13/2003, Vol. 292 Issue 7629, p16
Reports on the development of a security system that combines physical identification with predictions of a person's behavior aimed at improving the reliability of biometric analysis in Great Britain. Use of biometrics as a means of increasing security at airports and decrease criminal...
- A Practical Guide to Biometric Security Technology. Liu, Simon; Silverman, Mark // IT Professional;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p27
Presents a practical guide to biometric security technology. Types of authentication used in the security field; Diagram describing the process involved in using a biometric system for security.
- Professional Development. // Special Education Technology Practice;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p31
The article provides an answer to a question about biometric security.
- Biometrics Redefined. Hawkins, Ronald // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jan2011, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p44
The article discusses the advantages and benefits of biometrics and how it contributes to the improvement of security system.