- WHO'S HAD A TASTE OF YOUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY? Jones, Russell L.; Mears, Rena // Information Security;May2007, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p24
The article discusses the importance of intellectual property (IP) or trade secret protection. According to the article, trade secrets would include formulas, processes, methodologies and techniques which are created by human labor or thought which when leaked out to competitors, can cause the...
- Can You Keep a Secret? Richmond, Rick; Caslin, Brent // Pharmaceutical Executive;Apr2004, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p58
Describes how a pharmaceutical company can protect itself under civil trade secret laws in the United States. Key component in a company's strategy to protect its intellectual property; Implementing thoughtful and clear policies about the receipt and use of confidential information; Rules that...
- Trade Secrets: Keeping Your Lips Sealed. Shanoff, Barry // Waste Age;Mar2001, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p32
Reports on the importance of trade secret programs in businesses in the United States. Avoidance of disclosing company's confidential files; Prevention of information leaks to competitors; State laws preventing employees from using trade secrets of employers.
- SOBRE ESCLAVOS, GUILDAS Y LOS ORÃGENES DEL SECRETO COMERCIAL. Varela-Pezzano, Eduardo // Vniversitas;jul-dic2010, Issue 121, p217
Legal scholars have argued for years that trade secrets are the oldest set of intellectual property rights. However, formal protection for trade secrets only came to be after 1810 with the issuance of the Napoleonic Penal Code. This article argues that ancient civilizations, Roman law and...
- Trade Secrets No Longer a Secret in Pennsylvania: An Overview of the Recently Enacted Uniform Trade Secrets Act. Paglia, Lucas G.; Waller, Craig M. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2004 Q2, p1
The article presents an overview of the Uniform Trade Secrets Act (UTSA) in Pennsylvania. A trade secret is defined under the UTSA as information that must derive independent economic value, either actual or potential. The grounds for liability, remedies under the UTSA, criminal provisions for...
- Georgia state senators take on metal theft issue. // Southeast Farm Press Exclusive Insight;1/26/2012, p2
The article reports on the introduction of two bills in the Georgia Senate that targets the issue of metal theft.
- Tips on Protecting Trade Secrets. // Management Review;Jan65, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p34
Presents tips on protecting trade secrets. Disclosure contract with employees; Proper compensation for employees who work with confidential information; Obligations of employees not to disclose any confidential information.
- Sarbanes-Oxley: Positive impact or negative fall-out. Duvoli, John // Hudson Valley Business Journal;5/30/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p15
The article focuses on controversy related to Sarbanes-Oxley bill--the controversial regulation created by the U.S. Congress to restore public confidence after Enron, Worldcom and other corporate scandals. Alex J. Pollock, the former chief executive officer of Federal Home Loan Bank in Chicago,...
- The Contract in the Trade Secret Ballroom--A Forgotten Dance Partner? Tracey, Alan J. // Texas Intellectual Property Law Journal;Fall2007, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p47
The article provides an overview of the evolution of trade secret (TS) law in the U.S. It then presents a summary of the view taken by many courts that the use of a nondisclosure agreement (NDA) to protect information meets the requirement under the Uniform Trade Secrets Acts. It also explores...