Barbarians at the Gates
- This again? Coffee, Peter // eWeek;3/27/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p40
The article presents views and insights of the author concerning the factors which they recognized as the greater source of security threats to enterprise information assets.
- Fix security before securing storage. Oltsik, Jon // Storage Magazine;Jul2003, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p68
Details how to build a thorough, companywide security strategy. Steps for building a company's security strategy.
- Reducing Risk. Finkelstein, Sydney; Jackson, Eric M. // Leadership Excellence Essentials;Apr2006, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p9
Describes the SMART Early-Warning System which constantly scans the environment for relevant information providing time-sensitive critical information on the barriers that prevent them from fully executing their stated vision and strategy. Efforts of many firms to better manage exposure to...
- Success Stories in Outdoor Security. Engebretson, Joan // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2007, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p90
The article features different organizations and companies in the U.S. and their approach to outdoor security. The companies featured include Gulfstream Aerospace, Livingston Mall and the Illinois International Port District. The author also examines how dealers and integrators have used...
- Mandating Emergency Access to Gated Communities. Chronister, Tom // Fire Engineering;Mar2007, Vol. 160 Issue 3, p172
The article presents the views of the author regarding the emergency access to gated communities. The rising popularity in secured neighborhoods is discussed along with the difficulty of emergency response teams to gain entrance through the security systems. The author suggests the mandatory use...
- Tame Your Firm's Financial Rascals. Zimmerman, Susan; Zalud, Bill // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2002, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p15
Discusses the significance of identification of money personalities by security businesses that steer the company's financial decisions. Representation of money personalities that drive organizational spending habits; Effect of identification of money personalities on an organization's growth;...
- Ready or Not: The Game Is Coming to You. McCourt, Mark // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;May2007, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p10
The author reflects on the trends in the security solutions for enterprise security leaders. He cites the convergence of information technology (IT) and security professionals to create a new generation of security strategy and execution. He also explores the annual surveys that involve...
- A security-based agent for a virtual enterprise. Huang, J.; Zhou, Z. D.; Chen, Y. P. // International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology;Apr2004, Vol. 23 Issue 7/8, p620
On the basis of an analysis of the differences between virtual and traditional enterprise including the disadvantages of traditional enterprise, this article addresses the issues of information security and the impact of concurrent events. Because the Internet is an open network, some of the...
- Serving the homeland security market. Genn, Adina // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/9/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 46, p25A
Focuses on software products titled Impact, designed by Admit Computer Services to promote public safety. Benefits of the tools in maintaining public safety; Growth experienced by Admit from 1996 to 2001; Use of Impact by several police agencies; Business expansion plans of Admit.