The Customer Is Always Right! Right?
- Riflessioni sul consumatore responsabile. Paltrinieri, Roberta // Sociologia del Lavoro;2008, Issue 108, p69
Beginning from the perspective of the political consumerism this essay intends to respond to the following questions: Who is a responsible consumer? What is the impact on the ethnically orientated market? From these questions the author continues wondering if taking responsibility today is a...
- Data Security, Phishing Fraud Still Worry Many Consumers. // Cards & Payments;Oct2007, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p14
The article presents a survey which identifies that consumers tend to avoid companies that have had security breaches of customer information in the U.S., according to Tablus Inc. It is mentioned that consumers are concerned about being fooled by hogus electronic mails into giving up personal...
- Untrained claims assessors rip off consumers. // Credit Control;1999, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p3
Reports that Great Britain Lord Chancellor, Lord Irvine, has established the Claims Assessors Review Committee to investigate allegations that consumers wanting to pursue legal action are being over-charged by people who are not qualified lawyers. Areas that the committee was asked to...
- The Quality of Consumer-Directed Long-Term Care. Geron, Scott Miyake // Generations;Fall2000, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p66
Presents an approach for assuring the quality of consumer-directed long-term care programs based on the views of consumers and other consumer-derived quality measures. Language of consumer-directed care; Questions on the issue of quality in consumer-directed long-term care; Definition of...
- Current developments. // Consumer Policy Review;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p74
Outlines current developments on consumer rights as of March 1999. Health and safety; Finance; Public services; Communications; Monopolies and mergers; Environment.
- RESEARCH ON CONSUMER INFORMATION: PUBLIC SECTOR PERSPECTIVES. Permut, Steven E. // Advances in Consumer Research;1979, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p481
The present study examines public sector perspectives toward research on consumer information (processing, dissemination, etc.). Three respondent groups were selected from seven federal agencies, state-level departments of consumer protection, and national consumer organizations. The "policy...
- HOW INFORMED AND PROTECTED THE CONSUMERS ARE? RĂDAC, ANDREEA MIHAELA; SIMONA, LUP PATRICIA // Agricultural Management / Lucrari Stiintifice Seria I, Managemen;2012, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p525
The purpose of the present research is to emphasize two dimensions: the degree of information of the consumers concerning the own rights and the level of protection offered by the authorities to the consumers. The information from the survey is strictly confidential.
- Meeting the privacy challenge. Barefoot, Jo Ann S. // ABA Banking Journal;Jul99, Vol. 91 Issue 7, p27
Discusses information on privacy as the most challenging consumer issue that banking has faced. Importance of consumer protections that have been built into banking and credit law; What makes privacy unique; Discussion on the nature and pace of technological change.
- PRESS MUST STOP TAKING CHEAP SHOTS. Josephides, Noel // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;3/3/2003, Issue 2553, p13
Focuses on the principles in customer relations learned by two major airline companies in Great Britain. Definition of an airline customer service; Cost associated with the implementation of consumer protection offered by traditional operators.