Periportal and sinusoidal liver dendritic cells suppressing T helper type 1-mediated hepatitis
- Hepatitis. // A-Z of Food Safety;2007, p212
An encyclopedia entry for "hepatitis" is presented. It refers to an inflammation of the liver ascribed to a range of infections.
- Viral hepatitis-associated intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma shares common disease processes with hepatocellular carcinoma. Lee, C. H.; Chang, C. J.; Lin, Y. J.; Yeh, C. N.; Chen, M. F.; Hsieh, S. Y. // British Journal of Cancer;6/2/2009, Vol. 100 Issue 11, p1765
Bile duct cells and hepatocytes differentiate from the same hepatic progenitor cells. To investigate the possible association of viral hepatitis B and C with intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma (ICC), we conducted a retrospective caseâ€“control study using univariate and multivariate logistic...
- posthepatitic. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary;2005, p1740
A definition for the term "posthepatitic" is presented. It refers to the situation occurring after hepatitis.
- Rokitansky's disease. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary;2005, p1922
A definition of the term "Rokitansky's disease" is presented. It refers to fulminant hepatitis.
- Hepatitis. // Diseases & Disorders: A Nursing Therapeutics Manual, 2nd edition;2002, p433
Offers information on hepatitis, an inflammation of the liver that results in liver cell degeneration and necrosis. Types of hepatitis; Causes of hepatitis; Clinical manifestation of the disease; Diagnosis and clinical management.
- Human CD4+CD25hiFoxp3+ regulatory T cells are derived by rapid turnover of memory populations in vivo. Vukmanovic-Stejic, Milica; Yan Zhang; Cook, Joanne E.; Fletcher, Jean M.; McQuaid, Arthur; Masters, Joanne E.; Rustin, Malcolm H. A.; Taams, Leonie S.; Beverley, Peter C. L.; Macallan, Derek C.; Akbar, Arne N. // Journal of Clinical Investigation;Sep2006, Vol. 116 Issue 9, p2423
While memory T cells are maintained by continuous turnover, it is not clear how human regulatory CD4+CD45RO+CD25hi Foxp3+ T lymphocyte populations persist throughout life. We therefore used deuterium labeling of cycling cells in vivo to determine whether these cells could be replenished by...
- Prevalence of thyroid disorders and the correlation of thyroid profile with liver enzymes, serum activin-A and follistatin during the treatment of patients with chronic hepatitis C genotype 1 and 4. Ashshi, Ahmed Mohammed; El-Shemi, Adel Galal; AlZanbagi, Adnan; Refaat, Bassem // Journal of Clinical & Experimental Investigations / Klinik ve De;Sep2014, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p343
Objectives Chronic hepatitis C (CHC) and peg-interferon-Î± (Peg-INF-Î±) modulate serum activins and follistatin and are associated with thyroid disorders (TD).The aim of this study was to determine the frequency of CHC induced TD and to investigate the correlation of liver damage, serum...
- Diagnostic Usefulness of Real-Time Elastography for Liver Fibrosis in Chronic Viral Hepatitis B and C. Young Woon Kim; Jung Hyun Kwon; Jeong Won Jang; Min Ju Kim; Byong Sun Oh; Kyu Won Chung; Eun Su Park; Soon Woo Nam // Gastroenterology Research & Practice;2014, p1
The aim of this study was to investigate the diagnostic usefulness of real-time elastography (RTE) for liver fibrosis in chronic viral hepatitis B (CHB) and C (CHC). Fifty-one and thirty-two of the patients were diagnosed with CHB and CHC, respectively. Enrolled patients underwent liver biopsy...
- Lack of CXCR3 Delays the Development of Hepatic Inflammation but Does Not Impair Resistance to Leishmania donovani. Barbi, Joseph; Oghumu, Steve; Rosas, Lucia E.; Carlson, Tracy; Lu, Bao; Gerard, Craig; Lezama-Davila, Claudio M.; Satoskar, Abhay R. // Journal of Infectious Diseases;6/1/2007, Vol. 195 Issue 11, p1713
CXC chemokine receptor 3 (CXCR3) ligands CXCL9 and CXCL10 are produced at high levels in mice and humans infected with Leishmania donovani, but their contribution to host resistance against L. donovani is not clear. Here, using CXCR3-/- mice, we demonstrate that, although CXCR3 regulates early...