Incubating in a food dehydrator
- Food dehydrators reviewed! Meyer, Scott // Organic Gardening (08973792);Sep/Oct95, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p68
Presents a selection of food dehydrators available in the United States as of September 1995. Features; Price; Contact information.
- Corrections and amplifications. // Wild: Australia's Wilderness Adventure Magazine;Jan-Mar98, Issue 67, p13
Presents information on the Ezidri 500-watt food dehydrator. Features of the dehydrator; Mention of the weights in the Wild Gear Survey table of down sleeping-bags; Information on the Swiss-tech Tough 5-in-1 tool.
- Make a homestead food dehydrator. Fox, Swamp // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 81 Issue 6, p107
Introduces a homestead food dehydrator. Features and design of the dehydrator; Operation principals; Assembly procedures.
- Drying of starchmoulded candies. Groves, Reg // Candy Industry;May2000, Vol. 165 Issue 5, p52
Provides details on the drying of starchmolded candies. Process of drying in improved heated room designs; Design of drying rooms with the advent of track curing systems; Benefits of drying with dehumidified air according to studies in Europe and the United States.
- Make a dehydrator from a dishwasher! Smith, Brandon C. // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p36
Details the author's procedures for making a dehydrator from a dishwasher. Tools; Construction procedure.
- Think It's New? Think Again! Seelhorst, Mary // Popular Mechanics;Jun99, Vol. 176 Issue 6, p158
Provides information on the history of food dehydrators. Importance of food dehydrator to families in rural areas; Problems with modern food dehydrators.
- Keep drying records and earn money. BECHMAN, TOM J. // Indiana Prairie Farmer;Aug2014, Vol. 188 Issue 8, p103
The article focuses on the views of Mark Leitman, memember of the Propane Education and Research Council (PERC) on the farming program "Propane Farm Incentive Program" developed by PERC, to help farmers to purchase efficient drying equipment to improve the efficiency of drying grain with propane.
- Dryer uses sound as well as heat. Machlis, Sharon // Design News;5/23/94, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p13
Reports on the development of a device which uses sound as well as heat to dry foods. Applications; Advantage over conventional dryers; Contact information.
- Lab-scale spray dryers. // Food Engineering & Ingredients;Feb/Mar2010, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p45
The article evaluates the SDMicro functional laboratory-scale spray drying chamber from GEA Niro Inc.