Incubating in a food dehydrator
- Food dehydrators reviewed! Meyer, Scott // Organic Gardening (08973792);Sep/Oct95, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p68
Presents a selection of food dehydrators available in the United States as of September 1995. Features; Price; Contact information.
- Corrections and amplifications. // Wild: Australia's Wilderness Adventure Magazine;Jan-Mar98, Issue 67, p13
Presents information on the Ezidri 500-watt food dehydrator. Features of the dehydrator; Mention of the weights in the Wild Gear Survey table of down sleeping-bags; Information on the Swiss-tech Tough 5-in-1 tool.
- Make a homestead food dehydrator. Fox, Swamp // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 81 Issue 6, p107
Introduces a homestead food dehydrator. Features and design of the dehydrator; Operation principals; Assembly procedures.
- To Hatch or Not to Hatch? Clode, Danielle; Hickey, Georgina // Nature Australia;Spring98, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p8
Presents information on eggs. How some eggs seem to time hatching in response to predation; Observation on the time clock of crustacean eggs.
- Here a chick, there a chick, everywhere a... Brooks Hanson, Cynthia // Christian Science Monitor;5/3/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 113, p18
Offers the author's experience of incubating eggs and hatching them for her son after a weasel killed their pet chickens. INSET: Incubating tips.
- Should hatching eggs be turned? Cochran, Susan M. // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 80 Issue 5, p61
Discusses the advantages and disadvantages of turning hatching eggs. Importance of turning in exotic birds; Promotion of vein growth; Testing of the necessity of turning; Importance of humidity and temperature to hatching eggs.
- Break a cherished tradition: Quit turning those eggs in the incubator. Salsbury, D.L. // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 80 Issue 4, p43
Presents scientific evidence in opposition to the common perception that of the necessity of turning eggs in incubators. Chick embryology expert H.T. Gier's experiments on this issue; Probable origin of this myth; Reason why egg turning is detrimental.
- `Shocked' by egg-turning advice. Caveny, David D. // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p48
Reports that turning eggs while incubating them is essential to embryo development. Investments in research to get as many eggs hatched into chicks as possible.
- CRP--Primary Nesting Season. // Stonewall County Courier (Aspermont, TX);4/24/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p3
The article reports on the primary nesting or brood rearing season under the Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) in Stonewall County, Texas from March 1 to July 1, 2008.