Whatever You Do, Don't Call Them `Elderly'…
- A "Wholistic" Approach to the Senior Market. Fragasso, Robert // LIMRA's MarketFacts Quarterly;Winter2004, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p50
Discusses an approach path to the senior market in the U.S. Concerns of retirees; Benefits of a financial plan and a wholistic approach to the client; Factors to consider in implementing or accelerating financial planning.
- South of the Border. Kapp, Joe; Burkholder, Nicholas // Advocate;2/26/2008, Issue 1002, p18
The article presents advice for gay people who are preparing for retirement. The author suggests that retirees should relocate to countries in Latin America, where the dollar is still worth a lot. While many people think that Latin America is not particularly gay-friendly, Mexico City and...
- The many meanings of frailty: is there a shared understanding? Manthorpe, Jill; Iliffe, Steve // Nursing & Residential Care;Oct2015, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p575
No abstract available.
- Age Categories and Labels and Words Used for Older People. // Health Assessment Through the Life Span;2005, p309
A list of terms and words that should or should not be used when talking with or about or writing about the disabled or older people.
- Retirement Snapshot. // Money Management;9/3/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 32, p2
The article reports on a retirement survey in Australia. According to the survey, 40% of retirees between 40 and 65 years old will delay their retirement. Other 19% will work for a further six years and 33 % will work for a further four years. Further, 60% of Australians over 60 years old will...
- Retirement Redefined. Gardyn, Rebecca // American Demographics;Nov2000, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p52
Discusses the increasing number of senior citizens in the United States who live an active lifestyle after retirement, according to a study in 2000. Percentage of adult who participated in volunteering and learning activities; Details on organizations and programs for the aged; Suggestions on...
- Yesterday's language. Curtis, Keryn // Australian Ageing Agenda;May/Jun2013, p3
The article offers the author's insights regarding the change of the term used for the aged care sector to aged services and aged services providers in Australia.
- How today's scary headlines can help your retirement plan. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;7/31/2006, Vol. 36 Issue 4, Special section p18
The article presents tips on planning for retirement. With the pension, Social Security and savings in danger, individuals must plan their retirement. Several ways are presented: consider a part-time career or change in career that offers better benefits and saving options, limit spending and...
- How did you choose to arrange your financial lives for a second (or third) walk down the aisle? // Senior Market Advisor;Jun2011, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p20
The article discusses how seniors managed their finances when they remarried. One relates that he set up a trust fund for his third wife's two kids. Another says he and his wife created wills for the kids of their previous marriages the benefits of their nice-sized nest eggs. A retiree and her...