Review: similar social factors influence young people's sexual behaviour worldwide
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases Among Adolescents in Developed Countries. Panchaud, Christine; Singh, Susheela; Feivelson, Dina; Darroch, Jacqueline E. // Family Planning Perspectives;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p24
Context: Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) are responsible for a variety of health problems, and can have especially serious consequences for adolescents and young adults. An international comparison of levels and trends in STDs would be useful to identify countries that are relatively...
- Evaluating novel interventions for chlamydia screening. Low, N // Sexually Transmitted Infections;Apr2006, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p97
The article discusses two studies about chlamydia screening in young people, which appeared in this same issue. The study by Gï¿½tz and colleagues examined ways of encouraging chlamydia screening among African Caribbeans from Surinam and the Antilles. The second study by Novak and Karlsson...
- Targeted Approach Reduces Sexual Activity Among Hispanic Teens. // RN;Dec2006, Vol. 69 Issue 12, p16
The article discusses research on the effectiveness of a culturally tailored approach to educate Latino teenagers about safe sexual practices. It references a study by A. M. Villaruel and colleagues published in an issue of "Archives of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine." It was discovered that...
- Where Youth Are Today: What You Need To Know About the Teen Sex Crisis/Why Do You Listen To? Choosing Sexual Abstinence (Film). Pendergrast, Mark // Library Journal;2/1/1990, Vol. 115 Issue 2, p121
Reviews the films "Where Youth Are Today: What You Need To Know About the Teen Sex Crisis" and "Why Do You Listen To? Choosing Sexual Abstinence," which both deal with teenagers and sexuality.
- Teenage Sex & The City. Shepheard, Nicola // North & South;Apr2004, Issue 217, p74
Focuses on the rampant teenage sex in New Zealand, as of April 2004. Statistical data which shows the uncontrollable teenage sex situation in New Zealand; Peer pressure experienced by teenagers who are not sexually active; Views of educators on the importance of sex education curriculum in schools.
- No String Attached? Daly, Melissa // Human Sexuality Newsletter;Jan2009, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p1
The article discusses how hookups popular among teenagers as a way of having fun while holding on to their virginity can lead to hurt feelings for one or both partners. Ways on how to lessen the risk of contracting sexually transmitted infections (STI) from all forms of hooking up are presented....
- Increased Condom Use Without Other Major Changes in Sexual Behavior among the General Population. Dubois-Arber, Fran�oise; Jeannin, Andr�; Konings, Elke; Paccaud, Fred // American Journal of Public Health;Apr97, Vol. 87 Issue 4, p558
Objectives. This study is part of a continuous evaluation of the Swiss AIDS prevention strategy from 1987 through 1994. Methods. Annual telephone surveys of samples representative of the general population aged 17 through 45 years have been conducted since 1987 to monitor behavioral change....
- All about SEX. // Dolly;Sep2014, Issue 525, p98
The article gives sex-related advice to teenagers. Topics discussed include factors to consider before deciding to have sex, ways of dealing with pressure from someone who wants to have sex and reasons why someone may feel sad after having sex. Also discussed are the health risks of having sex,...
- Adolescent Pregnancy: Standards and Services in Finland. Utriainen, Sirpa // Child Welfare;Mar/Apr89, Vol. 68 Issue 2, p167
Finland's adolescent pregnancy rate is lower than that of many comparable nations. The author examines Finnish standards and services on adolescent pregnancy, and results of a survey of adolescent sexual behaviors and attitudes.