- To Get Government Policies That Aid The Middle Class, We Need New Middle Class -- Oriented Metrics. SILVERSTEIN, MICHAEL // Moderate Voice;5/21/2013, p12
The article discusses the metrics which determine economic policies and states that the present metrics do not promote the interests of the middle class in U.S. It states that though the government declared that 165,000 new jobs were created, it is not a big measure in middle class perspective....
- Indicatorsâ€¦at-a-glance business data. // Personnel Today;3/21/2006, p58
The article presents statistics related to inflation, unemployment and online recruitment in Great Britain. CPI annual inflation fell to 1.9 percent in January 2006 as compared to 2 percent in December 2005. The unemployment rate was 5 percent in January 2006 as compared to 0.1 percent in...
- Long Island economic trend. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);09/03/99, Vol. 46 Issue 36, p36A
Presents graphs on employment and inflation trends in Long Island, New York as of July 1999. Gains in employment; Average inflation rate; Unemployment rate.
- Economic Trends in the Second District. // Current Issues in Economics & Finance;Dec2004, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p7
Presents information on economic trends in the U.S. as of December 2004. Unemployment rates; Job growth; Inflation.
- Indicators. Berry, Mike // Personnel Today;4/19/2005, p46
This article presents information about performance of business sector in Great Britain during the first quarter of the year 2005. CPI inflation remained at 1.6% in February. Upward pressures from transport costs and seasonal food were balanced by less marked recoveries from sales compared with...
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Reports Continuing Record Low Unemployment. // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Jan2001, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p7
Informs on employment statistics released by the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics on November 3, 2000. Unemployment rate in October; Earnings; Inflation; Job creation.
- MIDLIFE JOB SEARCH: Managing Long Term Unemployment. Spinelli, Francesca; Godat, Lynn // Career Planning & Adult Development Journal;Spring2010, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p57
Finding a job in today's high unemployment environment is challenging, especially for midlife job seekers. While the principles of traditional career searches remain valid, mid-lifers may need some adjustments to accommodate today's conditions. Four factors should be taken into consideration...
- Evans Calls Employment Report 'Good News'. // Bondbuyer.com;11/ 7/2014, p40
The article reports on the reaction of Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago president Charles Evans on the U.S. Labor Department report that showed increase in payrolls in October 2014. It notes that Evans praised the decline in jobless rate to 5.8% during a speech in Chicago, Illinois. It also...
- Indicatorsï¿½at-a-glance business data. // Personnel Today;3/20/2007, p62
The article presents information on data related to economic indicators like inflation, unemployment, online recruitment, job creation and wages in Great Britain. The consumer price index (CPI) annual inflation was 2.7% in January 2007, down from 3.0% in December 2006. The unemployment rate was...