PEOPLE & POSTS
- PEOPLE MOVES. // Employee Benefits;Oct2007, p10
The article announces that Adrian Thornley has moved to Cluttons as human resource director, Sara Edwards is moving to Liberty Group as HR change director and Martin Swinkels joins the Hilton Hotels Corp. in Great Britain as international compensation and benefits manager from EMC technology.
- ON THE MOVE. // Personnel Today;10/23/2007, p28
The article announces appointments of several Human Resource (HR) executives including Jacky Simmonds as HR director of Global travel group TUI Travel PLC, Adrian Thornley as HR director of Cluttons law firm, and Kelley Spencer as HR manager of distribution company MDA.
- ON THE MOVE. // Personnel Today;10/9/2007, p30
The article reports on the appointments of executives, including the appointment of Christine Hardy as the training and development manager at construction equipment distributors Finning Group UK, Dominic Scarlett as the HR and development director, and Gillian Hibberd as corporate director at...
- The Side with the Best Leader Wins. Lutz, Robert A. // Executive Excellence;Aug99, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p11
Describes how business leaders challenge employees to achieve by creating a compelling vision of the future and then unlocking their potential. Human psychological constructs involved in marketing; Development of professional competence; Respect for political realities.
- The Effects of Firm Strategy on the Level and Structure of Executive Compensation. Singh, Parbudyal; Agarwal, Naresh C. // Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences (Canadian Journal of;Mar2002, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p42
Presents a study that provided additional insights on the determination of executive compensation in Canada. Review of related literature; Discussion on identifiable strategic orientations that affect business management; Effects of firm strategy on the level and structure of chief executive...
- Managers of small firms challenge stereotypes. Baron, Angela // People Management;02/09/95, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p59
Describes the findings of the research on how much the managers of small and medium-sized enterprises know about modern personnel management practices and their relevance to business needs. Managers recognition of the management theory; Discrepancy between the importance of managers; Variety...
- PAGE FOUR...HRD PEOPLE--'YOU'RE WORTH YOUR WEIGHT IN GOLD!' Cook, Michael H. // Training & Development Journal;Jul80, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p4
Focuses on the growing demand for human resource and development (HRD) executives. Types of HRD jobs being offered and the salaries that go with them; Growing importance for human resources people in the upper levels of management.
- Instilling the Worth Ethic. Ludeman, Kate // Training & Development Journal;May90, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p53
Presents guidelines for improving managers' treatment and care of their employees. Need for managers to change their attitudes about themselves; Active listening; Concept of caring leadership; Support for creativity and innovation. INSET: The CHANGING Process.
- Dear Andy,. Denka, Andy // Business Credit;Jun2009, Vol. 111 Issue 6, p31
The article provides an answer to a question on how to be more supportive manager.