Clue to a cure
- Mind the gap. Weekes, Sue // Employers Law;Oct2004, p17
Discusses the issue of career breaks for employees in Great Britain. Reasons behind employees' request for career breaks; Legal issues to be considered by human resource personnel in giving career breaks to employees; Information on the career break scheme at the Board of Boxing Control.
- How to Manage Your Team's Vacation Requests. Dillon, Karen // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;6/10/2015, p2
The article offers tips from experts on how managers should deal fairly with employees' vacation requests including planning vacations collectively, considering a rota system, and considering other forms of repose and restoration.
- Check in before checking out. Jones, David // Employers Law;Dec2011/Jan2012, p18
The article discusses the measures that an employer should take when an employee goes off to an unauthorized leave. If the employee is suspected to take an unauthorized leave, employers should raise the concern on the employee as soon as possible. If the employee is absent without any...
- Employers Navigate "Benching" Provisions in H-1B Layoffs. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2002 Q1, p1
The article states that employers in the U.S. must be careful to avoid the benching provisions that come into play regarding H-1B employees who are laid off or take a leave of absence. In essence, the benching rules provide that an H-1B employee who is placed in a nonproductive status due to a...
- Managers 'must ask GPs about staff sick leave' // People Management;11/6/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 22, p11
Deals with the need for human resource (HR) practitioners to put pressure on general practitioners (GP) to change their approach to writing sick notes, according to HBOS organizational health manager, Mary McFadzean. Way in which HBOS encourages HR managers to write to employees GP themselves;...
- Don't try this at home:Poll finds unusual reasons for personal days. // Business Journal (Central New York);1/23/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p6
Focuses on a survey developed by Accountemps, which shows reasons given by employees in the United States for personal days. Personal hobbies; Explanations employees should use only if they are accompanied by a letter of resignation.
- HR Solutions. Petersen, Liz; Orndorff, Lisa // HR Magazine;Nov2005, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p44
Presents questions related to personnel management in the U.S. Medical recertification for intermittent leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Factors to consider in implementing a paid-time-off bank.
- Weekly dilemmaâ€¦: Time off for religious festivals. O'Hara, Lucy // Personnel Today;1/23/2007, p18
The article presents a question and answer related to personnel management. A reader asked for advise on what measures to implement towards a Muslim employee who filed for leave of absence to attend the Haji in Mecca as well as visit his family. It was suggested that employers should contact...
- OPEN-DOOR MANAGEMENT. Sauer, Patrick J. // Inc.;Jun2003, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p44
Talks about the open-leave policy at interactive media company TechTarget. Expected increase in the company's revenue in 2003; Details on how to make open-leave policy works.