- Truth and fiction. Bochco, Steven // Inc.;Nov93, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p21
Provides thoughts from a television producer on how running a company and writing a script are in many ways identical. The author's thoughts on why both require inventiveness, energy, disdain for setbacks and passion. Remaining committed to process, a long-term commitment demanding unrelenting...
- EM.TV rebuilding prod'n unit. Foreman, Liza // Daily Variety;11/30/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 64, p6
Reports on the recovery of German children's programming firm EM.TV from a troubled year by rebuilding its production division. Executive appointed to head the creative affairs for children's and family programming; Production plans; Shows in production.
- NATPE camps it up for TV exex. Guider, Elizabeth // Daily Variety;5/21/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 32, p4
Announces the conduction of a daylong television producers bootcamp by the National Association of Television Program Executives on August 1, 2003 at the Bel-Age Hotel in West Hollywood. Offer of workshops and pitch sessions on TV development and the production process.
- Youth is no substitute for experience. // Televisual;Feb2005, p47
Comments on the disadvantages and advantages of hiring young people in television production. Demand of new ideas and fresh approaches in broadcast television; Efficiency of hiring youth; Creation of many problems due to the lack of job experience of young employees.
- Durden's departure underlines the end of an era. // Campaign;5/18/2007, Issue 20, p19
The author reflects on the decision of Jonathan Durden to take his talents to a creative agency. She emphasized that the decision opens another experienced heart out of the media business as his departure is symptomatic of a sea change in media agency management. The author believes that with...
- Plus8 adds Canuck site. Horwitch, Lauren // Daily Variety;2/26/2002, Vol. 274 Issue 62, p26
Reports the expansion of customer base of Plus8Video by opening an international office and rental facility in Vancouver, British Columbia. Offering of digital high-definition production equipment; Maintenance of the company of the rental inventory of digital high-definition production equipment.
- Market Structure and Duplication in TV Broadcasting. Hall Jr., W. Clayton; Batlivala, Robert B. D. // Land Economics;Nov71, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p405
Television broadcasting has been the target of an almost un-ending stream of abusive criticism for a number of years. Many of these complaints are beyond the usually accepted scope of economics, but the extensive duplication of TV programming is related to industrial organization and has...
- Caught in sitcom shoot-out. Levin, Gary // Variety;10/14/96 Supplement, Vol. 364 Issue 11, p23
Focuses on television program production in New York City. Television production's recovery; Factors affecting the market; Industry observers' comments.
- THE GREEN LIGHT. // Televisual;Apr2003, p9
Presents news briefs concerning television programs in Great Britain as of April 2003. Inclusion of Brian Waddell Productions' creation of 'Life After Baywatch,' a documentary commissioned by Chris Shaw for Channel 5; Greenlight Media's deal with Top Notch Productions to co-finance and...