The line's share
- Factfile No 60 Unfair dismissal compensatory award. Reade, Quentin // Personnel Today;2/24/2004, p47
The article focuses on compensatory awards during dismissal of employees. The compensatory award is based on the tribunal's assessment of the employee's loss of earnings between the dismissal and the hearing and loss of future earnings, benefits in kind, pension rights and unfair dismissal...
- EARLY RETIREES OPEN THE DOOR FOR UP-AND-COMERS. Pont, Jonathan // Workforce Management;Jun2005, Vol. 84 Issue 6, p17
Focuses on the role of senior executives' early retirement in the shortage of executive and management positions. Effect of early retirement on unemployed people; Percentage of executives employed within six months.
- Skanska AB Realigns U.S. Unit, Closing "Low-Growth" Offices. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/24/2004, Vol. 252 Issue 21, p7
Skanska AB continued fine-tuning its U.S. building unit operations by announcing that it will close "low-growth" potential offices in Colorado, Pennsylvania, Connecticut and North Carolina. The changes include the departure of 100 managers and staff, early retirement for a few executives and a...
- No redundancy pay on early retirement. Cooper, Stephanie // Accountancy;May85, Vol. 96 Issue 1101, p25
Cites the British Industrial Tribunal's decision in the 'Birch and Another v University of Liverpool' case concerning redundancy pay on early retirement. Industrial Tribunal's decision that the university had terminated the employees' contract; Employment Appeal Tribunal's reversal of the...
- "Golden Parachutes": A Closer Look. Cochran, Philip L.; Wartick, Steven L. // California Management Review;Summer84, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p111
This article describes various aspects related to the policy of golden parachutes (GP). Discussed are golden parachutes in regards to changes in organizational control, voluntary and involuntary termination, and guaranteed employment provisions. In regards to the question of who has golden...
- Make It Easier to Say Goodbye. Krell, Eric // HR Magazine;Oct2012, Vol. 57 Issue 10, p40
The article presents advice for human resource professionals on redesigning exit packages for employees. Topics include the benefit of early retirement incentive plans which are known to save corporations money on exit packages, how to convince employees to accept incentive plans in order to...
- When more than you need is not enough. Murray, Arthur O. // Business North Carolina;Jun2005, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p20
Reports on the layoffs and early retirement of employees at Raleigh, North Carolina-based Progress Energy. Contribution of the personnel changes in the operating costs of the company; Impact of layoffs on Progress Energy; Reason of the company for offering early retirement to its employees.
- No one has the skills to be my replacement. // Computer Weekly;6/29/2004, p26
Develop two succession plans. The first will identify who should succeed you in an emergency; the other will look ahead to when you retire. The emergency plan will concentrate on what skills are needed to manage IT today and will be the easier to deal with. The forward-looking plan needs to...
- To Terminate or Not to Terminate--Whose Problem? // Training & Development Journal;Feb83, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p10
Discusses a survey of middle and executive management conducted by the Goodrich and Sherwood Co. on the need for managers to face up to firing individuals. Decision-making involved in firing an employee; Basic management questions causing managers to delay the decision to terminate.