- B&Q sales stronger than anticipated. // Cabinet Maker;7/31/2009, Issue 5648, p8
The article reports on the stronger sales performance at B&Q as of July 2009 in Great Britain. The sales for B&Q have been recorded to have 1.5 percent increase compared to the 0.7 percent sales at Kingfisher retailer. Moreover, the sales for Do it Yourself (DIY) products and decorative products...
- Marketing shelters B&O from bad weather. // Cabinet Maker;7/27/2012, Issue 5798, p10
The article reports that B & Q PLC has posted a 4.9% rise in total sales due to increased marketing and promotional activity in its second quarter.
- B&Q forecast to return to growth in 2012-13. Colin, Petty // DIY Week;9/9/2011, p45
The article discusses the forecast data released by do-it-yourself company B&Q for its 2011 performance, which includes a drop of 1.3% year-on-year for like-for-like sales in the in Great Britain and Ireland in the 12 months ending in January 2012, and sales increasing up to 2% for 2012 to 2013.
- Specialists must prepare for the DIY challenge. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;9/28/2007, Issue 5556, p9
The author discusses customer service in do-it-yourself (DIY) home improvement chains in Great Britain. He believes poor customer service at B&Q and Homebase are an important issue, but that eventually levels will improve. He says that once this happens the specialty stores will have to be...
- Total sales up but LFL down at B&Q. // Cabinet Maker;2/24/2012, Issue 5776, p10
The article reports that while B&Q PLC's total sales increased, its like for like (LFL) sales went down in Ireland and Great Britain.
- Weather affects B&O's Oi. // Cabinet Maker;6/8/2012, Issue 5791, p10
The article reports that B & Q PLC's stores in Great Britain have recorded a decline of 8.9% in total sales in the first quarter of 2012 due to adverse weather conditions.
- Customers complain B&Q paint is wrecking their cars. // DIY Week;11/11/2016, Issue 5805, p2
The article reports on the complaint among the customers of the British home retailing company B&Q PLC, after the tin used in its paint mixing service had caused damage to their cars.
- B&Q staff under threat as sales slump. // Design Week;9/15/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 37, p3
Reports on the plan of B&Q PLC to layoff a number of employees from its headquarters in Southampton, England.
- B&Q. // European Retail Digest;Spring96, Issue 10, p24
Outlines the response of European retailer B&Q both to domestic competition and to the threat of foreign invasion. Background on the company; Product market of B&Q; Competition faced by the retailer.