Catch the express train
- A CUT ABOVE. Syedain, Hashi // People Management;10/4/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 20, p24
The article reports that the finalists in the People Management Awards 2007 have shown ambition, innovation and boldness, even though some of them faced severe budgetary constraints. The winners of the People Management Awards 2007 covered an immense range of achievements. Network Rail's...
- Frames We Live By: Metaphors for the Cohort. Bentley, Terry; Fangxia Zhao; Reames, Ellen H.; Reed, Cindy // Professional Educator;Spring2004, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p39
Members of Auburn University's educational leadership program at the doctoral level have created a new framework for learning and sharing knowledge, experience, and support. This framework is shared among the doctoral candidates in the form of series of core classes called â€˜doctoral...
- Masters for managers. // Professional Engineering;04/16/97, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p7
Focuses on the launch of two industry-academic joint ventures by Great Britain's Joint Board for Engineering Management. Board's plans to offer a masteral degree in engineering management.
- Network Rail shunts off engineering tag. // Professional Engineering;6/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p10
The article reports that Network Rail Ltd. has quietly dropped its engineering related catchline. The phrase--engineering excellence for Great Britain's railway--was introduced on to the company's corporate literature in 2003. The adoption of the catchline was an attempt by Network Rail to be...
- GSB's HR school moves to spring. // North Western Financial Review;11/1/2011, Vol. 196 Issue 21, p16
The article reports that the Graduate School of Banking has moved the schedule of its Human Resource Management School on April 15-20, 2012 in Madison, Wisconsin.
- NR praised on skills. // Rail Business Intelligence;2/21/2008, Issue 312, p10
The article reports that Network Rail (NR) was praised by the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) during its annual State of the Nation report on Capacity and Skills in Great Britain. The ICE report applauds the fact that NR's approach to skills and management training has been to offer new...
- LEADING FROM THE FRONT. Henschke, Leonie // Australian Nursing Journal;Jun99, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p27
Discusses the Frontline Management Initiative (FMI) which focuses on management and leadership skills for public and private enterprises in Australia. Concept of FMI; Training programs availability of the FMI.
- Spare Me Cookbook Engineers. Wagh, Vikas P. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/02/2000, Vol. 245 Issue 13, p67
Comments on the diminishing emphasis on teaching the fundamentals, in favor of teaching communication, management, leadership, computer programming, and computer graphics, in engineering schools in the United States. Importance of the basis of pyramidal form of instruction in any educational...
- Multimedia vanguard. Hawkins, Dana // U.S. News & World Report;3/18/96, Vol. 120 Issue 11, p104
Explores the proliferation of engineering graduate programs that focus on multimedia. Multimedia as one of the hottest specialties in engineering; The program at the University of Southern California; The interdisciplinary approach to multimedia training.