Health staff to get panic buttons as part of Â£97m security package
- You can do criminal record checks yourself. Wildy, Ken // Lamp;2011, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p6
A letter to the editor is presented in response to a letter in the August 2011 issue that was concerned with criminal background checks that are conducted on nurses in New South Wales prior to employment.
- Not so hot on British wards. Cooper, Glenda // New Statesman;3/15/2004, Vol. 133 Issue 4679, p10
Discusses the increase in the number of nurses who are recruited to work in the United States from Great Britain. Consideration of the popularity of recruitment websites that advertise nursing jobs in Hawaii, Florida, and San Francisco; Efforts of the NHS to improve the pay system for nurses in...
- Safety in the workplace. Goldberg, David // Dermatology Times;Oct2009, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p12
The article presents a legal case of a dermatologist and his nurse in the U.S. It relates how the conflict started. It reviews the duties of employers within the work environment under the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA). It examines the penalties for employers who are not...
- The Effect of Safety Management Systems on Continuous Improvement of Patient Safety: The Moderating Role of Safety Climate and Autonomy. NAVEH, EITAN; KATZ-NAVON, TAL; STERN, ZVI // Quality Management Journal;2011, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p54
Healthcare organizations implement safety management systems aiming to continuously improve their patients' safety. There is general agreement, however, that patient safety is still a serious problem. This study suggests that the relationship between safety management system components and...
- EXIT THE MINISTERING ANGEL. Seaman, Owen // Punch, or the London Charivari, Vol. 158, 1920-05-19;1/1/1920, p19
The article presents the statement of doctor Bonar to nurse Devlin on working their best without Devlin as the nurse leaves her work.
- AWARD MODERNISATION UPDATE. // Queensland Nurse;Jun2014, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p37
The article discusses the Queensland government's plan to modernise the state's industrial relations model, which means a possibly reduced award for the minimum workplace conditions of nurses and midwives. Topics mentioned include the guarantee secured by the Queensland Nurses' Union (QNU) from...
- Office infection control, OSHA, and you. Favero, Martin S.; Sadovsky, Richard; Whieldon, David // Patient Care;3/30/1993, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p117
Offers U.S. physicians several tips on how to avoid violations and better protect themselves, employees, and patients from infections. Infection exposure control plan; Protective equipment to use; Waste disposal.
- El mÃ©dico como ejemplo de salud. Álvarez Cordero, Rafael // Revista de la Facultad de Medicina de la UNAM;jul/ago2014, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p3
No abstract available.
- Experts make renewed push for safety. // Hospital Employee Health;May2012, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p54
The article offers recommendations for making new progress in sharps safety, by a consensus statement at a conference on the 10th anniversary of the Needlestick Safety and Prevention Act in November 2010, including improvement of sharps safety in the surgical setting, increased use of safety...