Thought leaders predict what's in store for HR
- HR Leaders and Educators: Summit Report. Swiercz, Paul M. // Human Resource Planning;1999, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p7
The article reports on the regional meeting of the human resource (HR) leaders and university academicians sponsored by The Washington Human Resource Forum in the U.S. The meeting is designed to facilitate a dialogue between the practitioner and academic communities. It explores the personal...
- SUN GOES DOWN ON HR DINOSAURS... // Personnel Today;5/6/2008, p1
The article offers information on the annual Public Sector People Managers' Association conference which took place in Brighton, England in April 2008. The theme of the conference was "'Evolution or Extinction," which captured the debate that is currently raging about what the future holds for...
- CIPD BRANCH DIARY. // People Management;9/15/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 18, p60
Presents upcoming meetings in Great Britain for the year 2005 related to personnel management.
- what's on. // Human Resources Magazine;Dec2008/Jan2009, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p8
A calendar of events for the 2008 Human Resources Institute of New Zealand (HRINZ) Professional Development Programme is presented which includes HR Foundations workshop on February 18-20, 2009, Australasian Talent Conference on March 18-20, 2009, and "929" Conference on May 13, 2009.
- what's on. // Human Resources Magazine;Aug2005, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p31
Provides information on several events suitable for managers and human resource practitioners from August 10 to November 4, 2005 in New Zealand. HR Foundations; Conference & Expo; MasterClass in Effective Facilitation; Strategic HRM.
- Call for HR to get down to the bar. // Personnel Today;5/20/2003, p48
The article focuses on the 2003 Richmond Events' Human Resource (HR) Forum held from May 8-11, 2003. The three-and-a-half days Richmond Events' HR Forum was held on the luxury liner Aurora. In the meeting, it was discussed that HR directors don't get out enough and should spend more time in bars...
- Uni degree fakers will save the day. // Personnel Today;4/4/2006, p68
This article presents information on the processes of human resource development in Asian countries such as India and China. Businessmen and politicians are constantly banging on about how they need to get more qualifications and get all skilled-up. Year-on-year this call goes out as India and...
- Conference round-up. // People Management;07/10/97, Vol. 3 Issue 14, p16
Presents information on Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), European Association of Personnel Management (EAPM) and CiP 97 conferences and meetings. Major cause of growing skills gap, according to the survey of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM); Growth of international...
- Human Capital: Symposium on Designing and Managing Market-Based and More Performance-Oriented Pay Systems: GAO-05-832SP. // GAO Reports;7/27/2005, p1
Critical to the success of the federal government's transformation are its people--human capital. Yet the government has not transformed, in many cases, how it classifies, compensates, develops, and motivates its employees to achieve maximum results within available resources and existing...