HR's main job is 'to spot and nurture best talent.'
- SCOTTISH CONFERENCE. // People Management;2/9/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p57
The article highlights the 2006 Scottish Partnership conference which will be held at the Dunblane Hydro Hotel in Scotland on March 9-10, 2006. Former British Broadcasting Corp. director-general Greg Dyke will be among the keynote speakers at the conference. The theme of the conference is fresh...
- Greg Dyke to speak at Advantage event. Berman, Chloe // Travel Weekly (UK);12/14/2007, p5
The article reports on the selection of former BBC director-general Greg Dyke as the keynote speaker at the next Advantage Conference to be held in Sitges, Spain. The conference, entitled Success, the only option will focus on successful business in a competitive environment. Dyke will speak...
- 'It is all about getting people to realise they can change things.'. Johnson, Rebecca // People Management;9/20/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 19, p28
The article features Sir Gerry Robinson, chairman of Moto service stations. A clue to Robinson's success may be his relentless enthusiasm for the nuts and bolts of business and for getting things right. He explains that business is essentially simple. Good management is allowing employees to...
- BBC stars come out for annual conferences. // Accountancy;Apr2005, Vol. 135 Issue 1340, p126
Reports on the executives of BBC who will participate in the special interest group's 2005 annual conference of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales. Greg Dyke, former director general of BBC; Peter Sissons, BBC presenter.
- The Great Divide. Dugdale, George // Literacy Today;Jun2009, Issue 59, p14
Information about several issues discussed at the third policy breakfast "The Future of Literacy in the Digital Age" sponsored by the National Literacy Trust on the future of literacy in the digital age is presented. Topics include the challenges and opportunities for literacy through...
- SHRM Flies South For 55th Annual Conference. Robinson, Karyn-Siobhan; McConnell, Beth // HR Magazine;May2003, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p133
Provides information on the 2003 Annual Conference and Exposition of the Society for Human Resource Management to be held in Orlando, Florida. Speakers at the conference; Overview of the educational opportunities offered by the conference. INSET: Constructing Your Conference Curriculum.
- Global Forum Speakers To Share Insights On International HR. McConnell, Beth // HR Magazine;Mar2003, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p115
Profiles the speakers in the Society for Human Resource Management Global Forum's 26th Annual Conference and Exposition. William C. Taylor; Rafiah Salim; Vladimir Pucik.
- Raising HR's game at the BBC. Thomas, Daniel // Personnel Today;2/28/2006, p9
The article presents information on changes in British Broadcasting Corp.'s (BBC) HR department. BBC chairman, Gavyn Davies, resigned after the criticism of the corporation's journalism and editorial structures on January 28, 2004. And, in a private meeting of the BBC governors, pressure was put...
- SOUNDBITES. // People Management;5/3/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p13
The article presents quotes from notable people in Great Britain who are engaged in people management. Greg Dyke, former director-general of BBC, comments on the changes in the personality of people when they work in management. John Castledine, director for global lead for learning and...