- THE Volunteer Club. Press, Jessica // O, The Oprah Magazine;Dec2014, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p155
The article presents suggestions for making the whole year cheerful by establishing a volunteer club through which good friends and others also could unite.
- Cooking up fun in the 'Dawg Pound'. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);10/7/2015, Vol. 142 Issue 44, p2
No abstract available.
- Helping the community for more than 100 years. Sanders, Ramona C. // Collinsville Herald;4/10/2013, Vol. 55 Issue 15, pA1
The article offers information on the activities of the nonprofit club Collinsville Woman's Club to promote interest of its community service projects in Illinois.
- One Day 4-H activity set for Osborne Stables Oct. 4. // Wilson County News;10/1/2014, Vol. 41 Issue 40, p4E
The article offers information on the One Day 4-H community service to be held at the Osborne Stables Horse Camp in Wilson County, Texas on October 4, 2014.
- SCI lends a hand. // Bowhunter;Oct/Nov97, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p22
Looks at the efforts of a Safari Club International (SCI) SafariCare team of volunteer doctors and nurses to assist persons in the flood-ravaged Red River region of North Dakota and Minnesota, in the United States. Services provided by SCI team; Other missions completed by SCI team.
- Volunteering pack for sports centres. Walker, Rosie // Third Sector;5/14/2008, p3
The article focuses on the pack launched by the Volunteering England and the Institute of Volunteering Research to assist sports clubs on assessing the impact of their volunteers. The pack, which has a formula for measuring volunteer value in financial terms and a frame for managing discussion...
- MIDNIGHT RAIDERS OF ARIZONA. Fleming, Theodore H. // BATS Magazine;Spring2012, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p10
The article describes the volunteer program launched by the Arizona Game and Fish Department and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to monitor nectar bats' use of the hummingbird feeders in the Chiricahua Mountaints of southeastern Arizona. The work of volunteers includes reporting the...
- A lesson in love. Muha, Laura // Redbook;Jun94, Vol. 183 Issue 2, p90
Presents a story of how the Laura Muha's involvement in the Big Brothers/Big Sisters of America changed the her life and that of her `little sister' Wendy. Laura's first meeting with Wendy; Activities Laura shared with Wendy; Laura's feelings of failure for Wendy's early pregnancy; Wendy's...
- Putting your hand up. Vahry, Peter // NZ 4WD;Apr2007, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p59
The author reflects on the decline in the number of people that volunteer their service to manage a four-wheel driving organization in New Zealand. He praises the members of the Auckland 4WD Club for their participation in the organization's working bee projects. He discusses the challenges...