HOME ENERGY USE: MAKING SMART CHOICES
- Study on the problems and Solutions of building energy efficienc. Ling Jiao // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2014, Issue 525, p439
With the development of economy, the progress of the times, the city continued to expand the scale of construction, building energy consumption is more and more serious, and the green energy-saving buildings are paid more and more attention in society. Building energy efficiency can...
- THE CASE FOR EFFICIENCY. Lovins, Amory B. // Rachel's Democracy & Health News;7/10/2008, Issue 967, p4
The article provides information on the relevance of the end-use efficiency to power and energy services. According to the article, this type of efficiency is considered as the most affordable, safest, environment-friendly, and accessible way to provide such energy services. However, its...
- Village hall vision. Smith, Andrea Claire // Green Futures;Jan2008, Issue 67, p10
The article reports on the adoption of Kirkburton parish council's energy efficiency plan in England. The parish is the first in the country to take advantage of the scheme and to spend parishioners' money in promoting renewable micro-generation energy efficiency. In England, the parish councils...
- Cool Cash. Watson, Brian P. // Baseline;Nov2007, Issue 78, p57
The article reports on the efforts made by Wells Fargo & Co. to become a sustainable company in the U.S. Even if the company have plans of expanding its data center capacity, it never forgets to consider reducing its energy and power consumption costs. When the company opened its new facility in...
- Side-by-Side Test Program Verifies Variable-Frequency Energy Savings. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Apr2004, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p66
Deals with the results of the testing program devised by Yaskawa Drives that will provide energy savings for a county government in Norcross, Georgia. Background on the tests conducted in fully occupied spaces; Percentage reduction in energy consumption; Average electrical rates paid by the county.
- Area Building Owners Finding Ways to Lower Monthly Electric Bills. Mowad, Michelle // San Diego Business Journal;9/3/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 36, p4
The article reports on the move of the residents of San Diego, California to lower their monthly electric bills. The Institute for Medical Research saved $70,000 on its July 2007 electric bill compared with July 2006 with the use of new equipment and monitoring technology. Burnham teamed up with...
- Are We Sharing? Tarver, Caitlin // Teen Ink;Jun2003, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p37
The author discusses the energy consumption of the U.S. She claims that the nation consumes 26% of the energy of the world and that half of the people living in the world do not have electricity. She recalls her visit to Ocho Rios, Jamaica were she saw how poor the people were and how the...
- Preface. Vine, Ed; Thomas, Stefan // Energy Efficiency (1570646X);Jan2012, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p1
A preface to a 2012 issue of "Energy Efficiency" journal is presented.
- END PIECE. Kenward, Michael // Professional Engineering;07/11/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 13, p96
Focuses on global energy conservation issues. Depletion of the world's energy reserves; Rising energy prices; Opposition on nuclear power technology from the environment movement; Research and development on alternative energy sources.