Quiksilver Women's Line in the Works
- Surfing: It's Not Just for Guys Anymore. Cooper, Sarah // New York Times Upfront;4/18/2003, Vol. 135 Issue 13, p5
Presents an article on the interest of a high school girl in surfing. Description of the adrenaline rush in surfing; Variations in surfing styles; Examples of professional women surfers.
- REIAILER NEWS. Nolan, Kelly // DSN Retailing Today;3/13/2006, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p18
The article presents news briefs related to the women's wear retail industry in the United States. Limited Brands Inc. is planning to open freestanding stores for its Pink casual clothing line. Kohl's Corp. signed a licensed agreement with Quiksilver Inc., which gives them the exclusive rights...
- Let Her Rip. Murphy, Austin // Sports Illustrated;7/23/2001, Vol. 95 Issue 3, pA14
Discusses the achievements of surfers during the OP-Pro Mentawai Islands 2001 surf event. Mention of the surf conditions off the Mentawai archipelago; Mention of surfers C.J. Hobgood, Andy and Bruce Irons, Keala Kennelly, and Rochelle Ballard.
- easy RIDING. Eilemberg, Daniel // Hispanic;Dec2007/Jan2008, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p72
The article features Peruvian world champion surfer Sofia Mulanovich. She is the first South American to be inducted into the Surfers' Hall of Fame. She has become a celebrity in Peru and was presented the elite Laurels Sports Award by former President Alejandro Toledo and her name was mounted...
- Catch the wave. // Glamour;June97, Vol. 95 Issue 6, p162
Reports on the increase in the number of women surfers in the United States, and so with the market. Women's divisions in professional tournaments; Availability of clothing and accessories for women surfers; Magazine `Wahine' devoted to women in water sports.
- Layne the beast beachley. // Women's Sports & Fitness (10996079);Mar2000, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p78
Features world champion surfer, Layne Beachley. Recovery from a knee surgery; Distinction of being the first woman ever to surf Hawaii's 30-foot outer-reed waves; Proposal to form a separate women's tour.
- Changing Clothes. Lee, Jessica C. // Orange County Business Journal;3/17/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p1
The article reports that Quiksilver Inc. has planned to present a new line of women's clothing in Huntington Beach, California. These new clothing are designed for 18-24 years old women in college or those who are just starting their career which are different from surf wears. According to Steve...
- rochelle ballard. Griffiths, John // Health (Time Inc. Health);Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p56
Profiles female surfer Rochelle Ballard from Hawaii. Information on the nonprofit organization Rochelle Ballard Surf Camp for Chicks Who Rip; Support of Ballard for female surfers; Remarks regarding surfing.
- GENDER BENDER. // TransWorld SURF;Dec2011, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p48
The article reports that 2011 Women's World Champion Carissa Moore has been invited to participate in the Reef Hawaiian Pro surfing competition of the Vans Triple Crown on November 12-13, 2011, as well as in the Vans World Cup of Surfing at Sunset Beach on November 24 to December 6, 2011