The Current State of Cervical and Lumbar Spinal Disc Arthroplasty
- The influence of surgical hoods and togas on airborne particle concentration at the surgical site: an experimental study. McGovern, P. D.; Albrecht, M.; Khan, S. K.; Muller, S. D.; Reed, M. R. // Journal of Orthopaedic Science;Nov2013, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p1027
Background: Arthroplasty surgeons are increasingly using personal protection systems with helmets. It is theoretically possible for the fans in these helmets to blow squames, sweat droplets and orobronchial fomites onto the surgical site. A controlled experiment was set up to investigate the...
- PATIENT AND PHYSICIAN-ASSESSED SHOULDER FUNCTION AFTER ARTHROPLASTY. Smith, Adam M.; Barnes, Sunni A.; Sperling, John W.; Farrell, Christopher M.; Cummings, Joel D.; Cofield, Robert H. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Mar2006, Vol. 88-A Issue 3, p508
Background: We found no information in the literature regarding the relationship between patient and physician-derived outcome assessments with a shoulder questionnaire. In this study, we examined a group of patients who were assessed with patient and physician-administered questionnaires...
- Surgeonâ€™s expectations do not predict the outcome of a total knee arthroplasty. Meijerink, Huub J.; Brokelman, Roy B. G.; van Loon, Corné J. M.; van Kampen, Albert; de Waal Malefijt, Maarten C. // Archives of Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery;Oct2009, Vol. 129 Issue 10, p1361
It is fascinating for both the patient and the surgeon to predict the outcome of a TKA at an early stage. Satisfaction after TKA is primarily determined by the preoperative expectations of the patient. The purpose of this study was to investigate if the peri-operative expectations of the surgeon...
- The three As of joint replacement can address failed total knee arthroplasty. Rapp, Susan M. // Orthopedics Today;Sep2009, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p12
The article presents information on three joint reconstruction approaches for addressing failed total knee arthroplasty.
- Arthroplasty in the Treatment of Subcapital Hip Fracture. // Orthopedics;Mar2003, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p342
A quiz concerning arthroplasty in the treatment of subcapital hip fracture is presented.
- Identifying pathology of failed UKA during exam and surgery aids conversion to TKA. Rapp, Susan M. // Orthopedics Today;Nov2009, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p12
This article discusses research being done on unicompartmental knee arthroplasty (UKA) conversion to total knee arthroplasty (TKA).
- Implant positioning, soft tissue balancing can help avoid post-TSA instability. Brockenbrough, Gina // Orthopedics Today;Nov2009, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p18
This article discusses research being done on instability following arthroplasty.
- Spinal arthroplasty meeting focuses on fusion alternatives. Berg, Jeffrey // Biomedical Business & Technology;Jul2008, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p9
This article discusses the highlights of the 8th annual meeting of Global Symposium on Motion Preservation Technology, sponsored by the Spinal Arthroplasty Society. The symposium drew more than 1,750 attendees. The audience was treated to a wide selection of workshops and presentations by...
- Improving the Postmarket Surveillance of Total Joint Arthroplasty Devices. Mahomed, Nizar N.; Syed, Khalid; Sledge, Clement B.; Brennan, Troyen A.; Liang, Matthew H. // Open Rheumatology Journal;2008, Vol. 2, p7
Objective: To evaluate the FDA's approval process and postmarket surveillance strategies for THR devices. Design: The FDA Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH) 510k releasable database was used to document approved THR devices. The CDRH Medical Device Reporting data files were used...