Formosa to restart cracker on time
- Markets & economics. // Chemical Week;10/27/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 40, p48
Provides news and updates concerning the chemical industry as of October 27, 1999. Plans of LaRoche Industries to restart its chlor-alkali plant at Gramercy, Louisiana; Increase of United States butadiene contracts for the month of October; Start of the polyvinyl chloride (PVC) unit at Suzhou...
- Chinese film venture moves into PVC resin. // Plastics News;8/11/1997, Vol. 9 Issue 24, p12
States that Suzhou Huasu Plastics Company acquired funding to build a polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resin plant in Taicang, China. Reference to the expected date for the completion of the construction of the plant; Details on the company.
- Business & finance news. // Chemical Week;12/18/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 49, p16
Presents news on the chemical industry in Asia and the Pacific region as of December 18-25, 2002. Ratification of the Kyoto Protocol on climate change in New Zealand; Completion of Formosa Petrochemical's ethylene expansion at Mailiao, Taiwan; Rise in the output of China's biggest chemical...
- Untitled. // ICIS Chemical Business;6/18/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 71, p55
This section offers news briefs on the chemical industry. China faces naphtha shortage which can be attributed to the booming demand for ethylene as a raw material. Formosa Petrochemical Corp. (FPCC) has closed its new meta-thesis unit due to some technical issues. Rapidly falling ethylene...
- BASIC CHEMICALS & PLASTICS. // Chemical Week;8/2/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 18, p29
This section offers news briefs on the basic chemicals and plastics sector, including the restart of Formosa Petrochemical's two crude distillation units at its petrochemical complex in Mailiao, Taiwan, following a July 25, 2010 fire and the increase in the production of U.S. chlor-alkali by 8...
- Westlake Chemical Acquires Interest in Suzhou Huasu. // China Chemical Reporter;7/6/2015, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p7
The article reports on the acquisition of shares in Suzhou Huasu Plastics Co. Ltd. (SHPC), a polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resin and downstream fabrication joint venture, from INEOS ChlorVinyls Holdings BV by Westlake Chemical Corp.
- Air Products to invest R 300 million to build an air-separation unit in the Eastern Cape. // African Business News;5/14/2013, p5
The article reports on the 300 million rand investment of gas and chemicals firm Air Products & Chemicals Inc. for the construction of an air-separation unit at the Port Elizabeth Coega Industrial Development Zone in Eastern Cape, South Africa.
- NEWS BRIEFING. // ICIS Chemical Business;7/12/2010, Vol. 277 Issue 24, p6
The article presents news briefs related to the chemical industry. Formosa Petrochemical Corp. is set to delay its August turnaround in Mailiao as an after effect of an explosion at one of its site. Indian government is expecting investments from German chemical companies for petroleum,...
- Chemical Industry Launches Yet Another Round of Restructuring. Glasgow, Bo // Chemical Market Reporter;Sep2003, Vol. 264 Issue 6, p1
Reports on increasing trend of corporate reorganizations in the chemical industry in the U.S. Reaction to weak demand and high raw material costs; Divestiture of several facilities of Air Products and Chemicals Inc.; Relocation of the headquarters of Millennium Chemicals Inc.