Corn prices to surge
- Fuel's Gold. Britnell, Allan // Harrowsmith Country Life (11908416);Aug2007, Vol. 31 Issue 195, p30
The article discusses how the demand for ethanol is causing an increase in corn prices. It notes that almost one-quarter of corn crop in the U.S. in 2006 was used to produce ethanol. Gary Unrau, president of the Manitoba Corn Growers' Association, expresses his concern on the impact of rising...
- Grain market close. // High Plains Journal;10/3/2011, Vol. 129 Issue 40, p2-C
The article reports the trading at the grain market in Colorado where Chicago December soft red winter wheat was priced higher by seven and half cent, December corn up by nine and half cent and Winter wheat up by seven and half cent.
- Head to California beach for price outlook. Suderman, Arlan // Mid-South Farmer;Apr2012, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p37
The article presents the price outlook for corn and grains in the U.S. wherein about 1.5 billion bushels of corn will ride on the summer's weather pattern, the country's water temperatures will affect the summer outlook and the price outlook of grains affects by the readings.
- Grains start week with sharp losses. // High Plains Journal;9/17/2012, Vol. 130 Issue 38, p2-C
The article offers information on the report from the National Grain Market Summary which shows losses in the grain markets in the U.S. which include price declines of wheat, corn, and soybean, lower bushels exported, and lower terminal corn bids.
- The Breakdown of Biofuels. Baldwin, Peyton // Mother Earth News;Apr/May2008, Issue 227, p26
No abstract available.
- Seasonal Commodity Price Trends Apply. Stalcup, Larry // Corn & Soybean Digest Exclusive Insight;12/14/2012, p12
The article presents insights from Ed Usset, a grain marketing specialist from the University of Minnesota Extension, about historic corn and soybean price trends. Usset advised farmers not to make seasonal trends be their only pricing guide. He expects to see higher prices for corn and beans in...
- Rabo AgriFinance report finds corn margins to tighten significantly. // Southeast Farm Press Exclusive Insight;6/21/2013, p9
The article discusses the report "AgFocus: Bracing for Tightening U.S. Grain Margins," which found an environment of slowing demand growth for biofuels in the U.S. and Europe and improving ability for Brazil to export which may lead to a dampening of prices and margins for the U.S. It indicates...
- HIGH RENTS, HIGH RISK. BROCK, RICHARD // Corn & Soybean Digest;Nov2012, Vol. 72 Issue 10, p44
The article presents several things to consider with respect to corn prices, rents and risk in the present environment. These include the current estimate of U.S. planted corn acres this coming spring at 98 million acres, increase in planted corn acres worldwide and a 160 bu/acre as the normal...
- Any sunshine on gloomy grains forecast? Flory, Chip // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Nov2000, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p30
Provides research findings and outlook on United States grain prices for 2000-2001. Supply and demand; Corn; Soybean; Wheat. INSET: Beans & wheat gearing up for strong 2001?, by Eric S. Hadik.