- OMG reshuffles management. // Chemical Week;9/10/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 34, p5
Reports the corporate reorganization of OM Group of Cleveland. Appointments of head officials.
- Bayer: NewCo to be named Lanxess. // Melliand International;May2004, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p90
Reports that, in 2004, the German chemical company Bayer AG intends to place a large part of its chemicals business and some activities of the Bayer MaterialScience in a new company named Lanxess, which will then be floated on the stock market.
- Lanxess Poised to Start Up. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;6/21/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 25, p6
Speculates on the restructure of Lanxess, the chemicals and polymers business of Bayer in the United States. Deliberation of the board of directors to float the new company through an initial public offering; Possibility of the sale of Lanxess to an equity fund.
- OM Group to Divest Tungsten Business, Shut Down Operations. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/11/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 17, p3
Reports the plan of OM Group Inc. to divest its tungsten business as part of the restructuring initiative in the U.S. Impact of the decision on the operating profits and cash flow; Overview on the cost cutting measures taken by the company; Purpose of the restructuring initiative.
- OM GROUP Proving Its Mettle. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;4/3/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 14, p17
Provides information on the OM Group, a specialty chemical company in Cleveland, Ohio. Earnings of the company in 2001; Types of chemicals manufactured by the company; Acquisitions made by the company.
- Ferro Closes DMC2 Acquisition. // American Ceramic Society Bulletin;Oct2001, Vol. 80 Issue 10, p11
Focuses on the acquisition of DMC2 electronic materials, performance pigments, glass systems and Cerdec ceramics from OM Group Inc. by Ferro Corp. in Cleveland, Ohio. Entry into foreign exchange contracts; Reduction of purchase price paid to OM Group; Comment of Ferro chairman and chief...
- Specialty Firms Post Strong Profit Growth; OM Group Stock Slides on Forecast Revision. // Chemical Market Reporter;8/5/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 4, p3
Reports on the increased profits posted by specialty chemical companies for the second quarter of 2002. Profit gain posted by OM Group Inc. during the quarter; Factors that contributed to the sector's profit success.
- Lanxess to launch another round of restructuring. Davis, Nigel // Chemical Market Reporter;4/10/2006, Vol. 269 Issue 14, p15
The article reports that chemical company Lanxess Corp. is planning a third round of heavy restructuring despite significantly higher fourth quarter and full year profits in 2005. The restructuring include potential sale of its textile processing chemicals business. Lanxess aims to achieve...
- Bayer MaterialScience, Lanxess to Start Operations. Koemm, Ulrich // Chemical Market Reporter;6/21/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 25, p2
Focuses on the plan of Bayer to restructure its chemicals and polymers businesses into Bayer MaterialScience LLC and Lanxess in the United States. Schedule for the end of operation as sbsidiary companies.