Most-read stories on
- Exxon to build mega cracker in Singapore. // ICIS Chemical Business;9/10/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 9, p33
The article presents news briefs related to the chemical industry. ExxonMobil Chemical Co. will build a second world-scale steam cracker complex in Singapore. INEOS PLC has completed the $394 million acquisition of Borealis' petrochemical business in Norway. Elementis PLC has completed the sale...
- markets & economics. Sim, Peck Hwee; Cage, Sam // Chemical Week;9/19/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 35, p37
Presents updates on the market performance of chemical products and companies as of September 19, 2001. Plans of ExxonMobil Chemical for expansion; Rollover negotiated by acrylonitrile producers in Europe for the third quarter; Trends in methanol spot prices.
- SPECIALITIES ROUNDUP. Tong, Alfred // Asian Chemical News;3/7/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 481, p8
Presents updates related to the chemical industry in Asia as of March 2005. Confirmation of the European Commission regarding its statement of objections against chemical companies for price fixing of hydrogen peroxide, perborate and percarbonate; Plan of ExxonMobil Chemical to expand its...
- Ineos gets EC approval. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;8/28/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 32, p11
The article reports that the European Commission (EC) has approved the acquisition of the ethylene oxide (EO)/ethylene glycol (EG) business of BP in Dormagen, Germany by Ineos. The EC was concerned that the purchase may cause the concentration of EO/EG market in Europe and could lead to a...
- Exxon Chemical Begins Production of High-Purity Cyclopentane. // Appliance Manufacturer;Jul99, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p19
Announces the manufacturing of cyclopentane blowing agent by Exxon Chemical in Canada at its Sarnia, Ontario plant. Some uses of the product.
- Exxon eyes Asian projects. // Chemical Business;Aug97, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p60
Reports that Exxon Chemical Company is eyeing several Asian projects beyond its Singapore Chemical complex announced in March 1997. Details on the expansion plans in Asia.
- Exxon plans more China ventures, eyes ASEAN projects. Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;5/24/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 20, p18
Reports on Exxon's expansion of its chemical ventures in China. Location of Exxon's proposed plants; Exxon's search for partners for its venture; Aromatics projects of Exxon in Southeast Asia.
- Exxon goes ahead with Thai p-xylene. Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;1/21/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 3, p25
Details the plan of the Exxon company to build a para-xylene plant in Thailand. Capacity of the plant; Aims of the company for such plan; Remarks of Edward G. Galante of Esso about the integration of the plant with the existing refinery.
- Exxon moves on ASEAN ethylene projects. // Chemical Week;7/26/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 3, p28
Reports on Exxon Chemical's expansion plan in Southeast Asia. Ethylene plant project in Singapore; Potential project with Petronas in Malaysia; Aromatics being studied in Thailand.