- Plant Safety Tuneup. Torres, Katherine // Occupational Hazards;Dec2007, Vol. 69 Issue 12, p36
The article deals with plant safety audits. It notes that safety and health audits have become more thorough, with employers using the results to rid the workplace of hazards before incidents occur. Employers have realized that a well-conducted safety audit provides a host of tangible and...
- Security: Get On the Offensive. Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;10/20/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 34, p3
Deals with the issue being faced by the chemical industry regarding plant security. Media mediums that accused the industry of having inadequate security measures and lacking the will to do anything about it; Response of ACC to the accusations; Security bill that is being supported by ACC;...
- Guidance on working at height in confined spaces. // Utility Week;11/5/2010 Safe Hands Supplement, p6
The article reports on the publication of the "Best Practice Guidance" by the Strategic Forum for Construction Plant Safety Group for mobile elevating work platforms (MEWP) to avoid trapping or crushing incidents when the machines are used in confined overhead spaces in Great Britain.
- Management makes the results. Eckhardt, Bob // Concrete Products;May2001, Vol. 104 Issue 5, p34
Explores key issues in plant safety management in the United States. Keys to effective management support; Components of employers' safety and health programs; Drawbacks of behavioral safety monitoring programs; Roles of safety administrators.
- 2014 SAFETY STUDY: 6 safety findings from smaller facilities. // Plant Engineering;Jun2015, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p22
The article presents the results of a study which reveals the industrial areas of industrial safety among factories includes safety commitment, safety program benefits and work group safety.
- TAKING A STAKE IN SAFETY. Katz, Jonathan // Industry Week/IW;Dec2006, Vol. 255 Issue 12, p35
The article discusses the advantages of involving employees in the safety management of manufacturing plants. Accident-prone facility workers must be involved in the development of safety videos, safety hotline service and job observation rather than just being imposed with regulations. One...
- Two MetalTek Plants Announce Safety Milestones. // Metal Casting Design & Purchasing;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p15
The article reports on the industrial safety achieved by the two high alloy component plants of MetalTek International Inc. in Wisconsin in 2009. It mentions that its Wisconsin Centrifugal Division has surpassed one million man hours worked without a lost time incident, while its Wisconsin...
- STAVLJANJE OSOBNE ZAÅ TITNE OPREME NA TRÅ½IÅ TE. // Sigurnost;2010, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p411
No abstract available.
- Don't Be Shy About Safety! Knoke, Keith // EHS Today Exclusive Insight;8/21/2015, p1
The article offers the author's insights regarding the risk and safety management in high-risk working environments such as manufacturing plants. Topics discussed include the significance of the continuous training of employees to protect from incidents and established the environment, health...