Abortion and Brain Waves
- Tiptoeing Around Roe. Meehan, Mary // Human Life Review;Fall2005, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p44
The article discusses the Roe v. Wade Supreme Court confirmation hearings in the U.S. The Supreme Court case dealt with the issue of abortion, in which the decision of the judge in the case has expressed his support for the act. There have been propositions indicating that Roe's history of...
- THE COURTS, INTEREST GROUPS, AND PUBLIC OPINION ABOUT ABORTION. Wlezien, Christopher B.; Goggin, Malcolm L. // Political Behavior;Dec1993, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p381
Public preferences about the availability of abortion under various circumstances have remained fairly stable over time. Yet a standard CBS/New York Times abortion question indicates that a significant shift in opinion occurred during the 1980s, whereby the public became increasingly supportive...
- Doctors who performed late abortion will not be prosecuted. Dyer, Clare // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);3/26/2005, Vol. 330 Issue 7493, p688
Reports that doctors accused of performing an illegal abortion in Great Britain will not be prosecuted. Details of the accusation that doctors violated the 1967 Abortion Act, which outlaws abortion after 24 weeks of pregnancy; Initiation of an investigation following a complaint filed by Church...
- Abortion decision leaves no-win situation for doctors. Rose, Joan R. // Medical Economics;1/10/2003, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p15
Reports on the Louisiana Supreme Court's refusal to hear a case challenging a state abortion law. Key provisions of the law; Lawsuit filed by the Center for Reproductive Law and Policy against the state on behalf of abortion providers.
- State of the Nation. Acomb, Deborah L. // National Journal;1/27/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p296
Presents the result of an October 2000 survey on the legality of abortion in the United States. Percentage of respondents who favor abortion; Opinion on the Supreme Court decision regarding the case of Roe versus Wade.
- Attack On Choice. Massle, Miranda; Palmer, Tracie // Guild Notes;Fall2005, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p22
Reports on the criminal charges under the Michigan's 1999 Fetal Protection Act filed against a teenage boy for trying to aid her girlfriend in aborting a non-viable fetus in Macomb County, Michigan. Assistance given by several members of the Detroit/Michigan Chapter of the National Lawyers Guild...
- The to Bear Arms? // Junior Scholastic;3/10/2008, Vol. 110 Issue 14, p6
The article focuses on the gun-control case, District of Columbia v. Heller, presented before the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Payment Under Protest Not Required From La. Refund Claimant. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;4/1/2013, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p3
The article discusses the decision of the Louisiana Supreme Court regarding the case "Tin, Inc. v. Washington Parish Sheriff's Office."
- Court Rules on Contingency Fees for Public Claims. WILLIAMSON, LAUREN // InsideCounsel;Oct2010, Vol. 22 Issue 225, p68
The article discusses the court case County of Santa Clara v. Superior Court of Atlantic Richfield wherein the California Supreme Court ruled that private lawyers can represent government bodies in public claims, on a contingency basis.