Putting more balance on the menuboard
- Are fake fats making you fat? Howard, Beth // Shape;Jun97, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p32
Reports on the study by nutrition expert Gregory Miller which addressed the question of why many Americans are still overweight despite consumption of reduced-fat foods and drinks. Tendency of people to make up for the missing calories in reduced-fat foods by eating more carbohydrates and...
- The Men's Health Nutrition Bull's-Eye. Thomson, Cyndi // Men's Health;Apr99, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p88
Presents a low-fat nutrition guide. Rules in food selection; Nutrient contents; Dietary limits.
- Circle the Hidden Fat. // Scholastic Choices (Teacher's Edition);Oct99, Vol. 15 Issue 2, pT3
Presents a teaching guide created for an article focused on how students can separate fact from fiction and make choices for a healthful, low-fat diet.
- Food News. Ragone, Regina; Kiser, Sherry Weiss // Prevention;Jul2000, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p159
Reports food-related news briefs as of July 1, 2000. Veggie burgers that are low-fat and filled with soy protein; Arctic Zone Icepack Mini Coolers and Sandwich Boxes that keep foods cold and uncrushed; Proctor and Gamble fruit and vegetable wash that rids food of oils, wax, dirt and pesticides;...
- Risk in low-fat diets. Colman, Adrian // Youth Studies Australia;Spring1995, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p10
Reports on risks posed by low-fat diets to children in Australia.
- The ultimate `get-lean' cuisine. Padus, E.; Rogers, J. // Prevention;Sep91, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p66
Presents a special guest-chef profile of Nicolas Klontz, a low-fat culinary master at the Pritikin Longevity Center in Santa Monica. The Pritikin program has been teaching the principles for losing weight, reducing cholesterol and maximizing health through nutrition and exercise for 15 years....
- Fat phobia. Shelton, Sandi Khan // Working Mother;Dec98/Jan99, p84
Offers advice for parents on letting their children know of the dangers of cutting out all sources of dietary fat. Growing popularity of the so-called fat phobia; Importance of fat in the body; Benefits of having one's daughter talk to a registered dietitian.
- Nutrition/diet. // Good Housekeeping;May98, Vol. 226 Issue 5, p133
Presents information on several issues concerning nutrition and diet. Ways to get more calcium; Information on fat-free products; Explanation on the `United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) SELECT or USDA CHOICE' label on beef.
- Lighten up your holiday. Gullon, Monica // Shape;Dec2003, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p122
Presents a range of low-fat food recipes for formal as well as casual get-togethers.