Putting more balance on the menuboard
- Are fake fats making you fat? Howard, Beth // Shape;Jun97, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p32
Reports on the study by nutrition expert Gregory Miller which addressed the question of why many Americans are still overweight despite consumption of reduced-fat foods and drinks. Tendency of people to make up for the missing calories in reduced-fat foods by eating more carbohydrates and...
- The Men's Health Nutrition Bull's-Eye. Thomson, Cyndi // Men's Health;Apr99, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p88
Presents a low-fat nutrition guide. Rules in food selection; Nutrient contents; Dietary limits.
- The lowdown on low fat. Marandino, Cristin // Vegetarian Times;Feb99, Issue 258, p14
Reports on the negative effects of low fat diet on health. Nutritional facts; Components of a low-fat diet; Caloric levels.
- Warm-ups. Farrell-Kingsley, Kathy // Vegetarian Times;Feb99, Issue 258, p28
Presents several low-fat recipes which are good for the heart. Green Minestrone; Vegetable Quesadillas; Spicy Ginger Noodles; Mediterranean Vegetables; Potato-Onion Frittata.
- Circle the Hidden Fat. // Scholastic Choices (Teacher's Edition);Oct99, Vol. 15 Issue 2, pT3
Presents a teaching guide created for an article focused on how students can separate fact from fiction and make choices for a healthful, low-fat diet.
- Food News. Ragone, Regina; Kiser, Sherry Weiss // Prevention;Jul2000, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p159
Reports food-related news briefs as of July 1, 2000. Veggie burgers that are low-fat and filled with soy protein; Arctic Zone Icepack Mini Coolers and Sandwich Boxes that keep foods cold and uncrushed; Proctor and Gamble fruit and vegetable wash that rids food of oils, wax, dirt and pesticides;...
- The NEW RULES of Fat. Schuler, Lou // Men's Health;Nov2002, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p149
Discusses the history of the ban on dietary fat in nutrition. Emergence of the promotion of a low-fat diet; Information on several types of fats. INSETS: Good Eats?;Fat to Burn.
- Risk in low-fat diets. Colman, Adrian // Youth Studies Australia;Spring1995, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p10
Reports on risks posed by low-fat diets to children in Australia.
- The ultimate `get-lean' cuisine. Padus, E.; Rogers, J. // Prevention;Sep91, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p66
Presents a special guest-chef profile of Nicolas Klontz, a low-fat culinary master at the Pritikin Longevity Center in Santa Monica. The Pritikin program has been teaching the principles for losing weight, reducing cholesterol and maximizing health through nutrition and exercise for 15 years....