Education is key ingredient in the recipe
- Pediatric Menu Now Features Nutritionals. // FoodService Director;3/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p14
The article focuses on Nemours Alfred I. DuPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, Delaware, which becomes the first hospital in the U.S. to include information on nutrition on its pediatric patient menu.
- Healthful Habits. // Weekly Reader - Edition 2;9/13/2002, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p1
Discusses the health importance of breakfast to children. Benefit of eating breakfast to school performance.
- Kids' restaurant menus slowly get healthier. Weisenberger, Cora // SN: Supermarket News;1/13/2014, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p51
The article reports on emphasis on healthy food options on children's menus in American restaurants. Amy Myrdal Miller, senior director for programs and culinary nutrition at the Culinary Institute of America, says that McDonald's had to face a backlash from angry parents who were upset that...
- Menus. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);12/12/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 50, p4
The article presents a list of menus to be served for senior citizens and school districts in Texas for December 16 to 20, 2013.
- Team Fat fights back as pupils ditch healthy school meals. // Education (14637073);11/10/2006, Issue 246, p2
This article reports that efforts to get children eat healthier school meals reduced the number of children taking them. The overall drop in the number of children taking school meals was 5.8%, but some schools had seen decreases of as much as 30%. 71% of the 59 schools surveyed by BBC News...
- ValoraciÃ³n nutricional de los menÃºs escolares de los colegios pÃºblicos de la isla de Tenerife. Campos Díaz, J.; Rodríguez Álvarez, C.; Calvo Pacheco, M.; Arévalo Morales, M. P.; Sierra López, A.; Arias Rodríguez, A. // Nutricion Hospitalaria;2008, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p41
Objective: To study the nutritional characteristics of the menus provided in the state primary schools of Tenerife and to assess whether they are adequate for the different age groups of school children. Scope and methods: The study is conducted in 52 school canteens, with a population of 8,411...
- KIDS MENUS GROW UP. Eden, Ellen // Restaurant Business;Sep2006, Vol. 105 Issue 9, p14
The article reports that some of the restaurants in the U.S. are offering healthy menus for children. This is because most of the children nowadays are facing the problem of obesity. Vong's Thai Kitchen in Chicago offers healthy Thai cuisine like Miso-Glazed Chicken Satays and the like. Orsay...
- From the Editor's Desk. Schilling, Becky // Food Management;Jan2015, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p6
In this article, the author talks about responsibilities of child nutrition professionals to maintain the health of the children in the U.S. and importance of foodservice industry in schools supported food operations. She mentions her role as a editor of the periodical for noncommercial...
- Ritz-Carlton Primes Kids Menus. // Lodging Hospitality;6/15/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 8, p8
This article provides information on the children's menu of Ritz-Carlton. Ritz-Carlton wants to help fight obesity and other children's health problems caused by poor diets and junk food habits. The chain's Health Taste Ritz Kids Menu offers youngsters food items that are appealing, well...