Fresher foods step up as menu-shapers
- WIC-O Help for Overseas Families. Hasenauer, Heike // Soldiers;Nov2001, Vol. 56 Issue 11, p34
Focuses on the Women, Infants and Children (WIC)--Overseas program that provides nutrition education and health care counseling. Eligibility for the program; Difference between WIC--Overseas and WIC in the United States; Foods authorized by WIC--Overseas.
- Bag It! Weber, Maure // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Mar2000, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p132
Presents information on the nutritional value of food bodybuilders take. Nuts and nibbles; Jay cutler's cement; Classic tuna; Protein cuisine.
- Cooking for Cravings. Matesz, Rachel Albert // Macrobiotics Today;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p30
Considers the nutritional aspects of food cravings. Food recommended for specific cravings; Types of food commonly craved for by people; Factors that determine the type of craving experienced by an individual.
- Fast-food fixes. B.T.; S.R. // Body Bulletin;Mar1994, p4
Discussion of how to imporve the nutritional content of meals from fast-food restaurants. The Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) role in counting calories in food.
- NUTRITION: Size It Up. // Body Bulletin;Mar2001, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p3
Presents a guide to a well-balanced nutrition using a range of recommended servings for each food group.
- Nutrition Quiz. // Body Bulletin;Mar2001, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p4
Presents a multiple question-type of quiz about nutrition and various food categories.
- NEWS BRIEFS. // Body Bulletin;Jun2003, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p1
Presents information on news briefs related to food and nutrition. Health benefits offered by whole grain products; Possible drug disposal procedures; Suggestion regarding the ideal time to drink fluids while eating.
- Healthy Munchies. // Current Health 2;Dec2003, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p2
Presents information on several healthy foods for snacks recommended by experts in the U.S.
- The Search for the Perfect Food. Murphy, Dee // Current Health 1;Sep2001, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p23
Emphasizes the importance of a balanced diet and nutritious foods.
- Eating International. Murphy, Dee // Current Health 1;Nov2003, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p14
Discusses the native food from different countries.